NCIS Season 11. Ziva's Swan Song

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by quagmire, Sep 24, 2013.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Season 11 premiered tonight. Anyone catch it?

I personally loved it, but Parson's change of opinion was rushed.

Next episode is goodbye to Ziva. :( Just glad it won't be in a body bag.

2. rjkgr macrumors regular

3. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Gotta say, episode 1 was very anticlimactic. I admit it was unbelievably hyped, but it was nowhere near as good as they promised.

Though I'm big fan of Ziva (and by extension de Pablo) I'm not really bothered by the fact that she's leaving. The entire tiva thing was getting old. Either do it or don't. I was rooting for them once, but at this point I don't really care any more. Two people are simply incapable of dancing around each other for eight years. My gf and I pulled it off for two years, but eight? Nah, I don't believe it.

I hope this new character will fix NCIS. It was getting way too stagnated. The "feel" of the show was slowly disappearing.

I'm leaning more towards Los Angeles tbh. Though they epically rushed the first episode there too. I'm still glued to the screen with LA, while NCIS is just meh.

I wonder what the writers are going to pull out of their hats though. They have the potential to screw up epically with the new Densi arc now that Ruah is preggers. Creds to Olsen however, I would never be able to pull off this UST with my brother's girl...

4. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Did you ever watch JAG? That is what I can't stand about shippers. They put so much importance on putting characters together, they forget what the show is about. NCIS(and JAG) isn't about putting main characters together. They will have sexual tension between each other, be jealous of their relationships, etc, but they will not be put together until the final season/episode.

If you got into NCIS before knowing about JAG and knowing that, well now you know. It's like Apple and putting a removable battery in the iPhone. No matter how many people may complain and want it, it won't happen.

As for the episode, the only thing rushed was Parsons turn to the side of Team Gibbs( which I suspect would have been better timed if it wasn't for Cote's departure). Otherwise I liked it. Especially knowing they had to throw out the script only a week or two before they filmed it because of Cote's departure. It really threw a wrench into their plans.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Parson's was an okay touch, but they need to replace de Pablo (Ziva) with a woman. The sexual tension over the years with Sasha Alexander (Kate) and de Pablo with Tony has been quite humourous.

Agree with the point though that Parson's turnaround was to quick. Guess we will have to wait and see where it will go.

6. DaKKs macrumors 6502

Wouldn't quite go as far as to say I'm a shipper. Just every show has its characters with chemistry. These two remind me of myself and my gf, so I guess I'm closer to a shipper in this case than I usually am.

JAG was showed very sporadically over here, however I'm familiar with the show and the basics. Though they didn't get together in the end, did they?

I'm still not convinced that split is as amicable as they claim. It was too fast, and too last minute. Someone wouldn't play ball. Besides every single cast member said the exact same thing. Smells rehearsed to me. And the CBS press release felt very "we're covering our arses".

7. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

NCIS is a spinoff from JAG so it has the same basics. The main characters will have sexual tension, be jealous of their other relationships, etc but will not get together while the show is still on the air. And yeah Mac and Harm got together on the final episode of the series. That is why it isn't surprising to not see Tiva happen.

One story is she wanted pay parity with Michael Weatherly( his pay is $225K per episode, they offered her $200K). Which I agree that she should be considering they are on the same level of importance to the show.

The other is what we were told. She simply wanted to walk away on her own.

She is reportedly moving back to Chile because she doesn't want another high profile gig which may help prove the story we were told.

8. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

9. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

What an emotional episode for me since I love Ziva and Cote's job of playing the character.

I will start off with the only thing I didn't like about the sendoff was how they didn't explain how Ziva became the way she was after leaving NCIS. We know it wasn't that good for nothing friend of hers that caused it. Guess you could say she was still hurting from her dads death and now that all of her family was gone through being killed, reflecting upon it and blaming herself, but that is all speculation. And given how she seemed stronger after getting revenge and determination to protect Gibbs at the end of S10, doesn't quite make sense for her to self-loathe while protecting her new family.

Ignoring that one issue, I loved the episode. Yeah the guy that I thought was the target ended up being the target, so that was predictable. But, the episode was all about Ziva's goodbye. It was heart wrenching. I'm holding myself back from tears. I'm not a shipper so I am not going to comment on how satisfied I am or not about the whole Tiva situation. But, seeing them embrace in the orchard/field was beautiful. And the ending scene with Tony about to board the plane, you could see Michael's and Cote's real emotions and feelings about Cote's departure leak through. It was genuine and it helped portray the characters feelings for each other really well.

I will end it with a simple goodbye to Ziva/Cote De Pablo. I loved the character. I will miss Cote on the show.

10. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I thought she was gonna get gunned down or explode at the end. :eek:

I think the chemistry of the characters on the show will suffer. Wondering how they will keep it going???

11. quagmire, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

You would think so considering the shows history with prominent female characters( Kate, Shepard, Lee, Cassidy). But, luckily they announced shortly after the announcement of Cote's departure that Ziva wouldn't be leaving in a body bag.

I wish they would continue with a 3 man team or add maybe Parsons to the team. Don't try to replace Ziva with another female character( even though Glasberg has stated that she won't be a love interest to Tony). Some say the show replaced Kate after Sasha wanted out very seamlessly with Cote( and fans were pissed that she was killed off). But, the show was still young and still establishing itself. The show has now aged and everything has set and been established.