Ne-Yo, Best buy, and Samsung celebrates Launch of Galaxy Tab 10.1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hueyfreeman, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

Today in New York NY, the Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 will be going one sale at the union square best buy at noon. The event will even feature Grammy Award-Winner Hip hop artist Ne-Yo. The first 50 people to purchase one will even get VIP access to see Ne-Yo.

The Galaxy Tab which appears in the recent lawsuit filed against Samsung that involves various degrees of IP infringement. The tablet being released in the union square best buy before the rest of the nation (Goes on sale nationwide June 15th). The tablet has also been called the Ipad killer. The tablet which has been given out already may be a good buy for those interested in an Alternative to the ipad. Samsung which is also the Number 1 cellphone manufacturer in the US. Has been gunning to take out the iPhone's position as the number 1 phone in the World with it iPhone inspired Android powered Galaxy S line of phones. The Galaxy 10.1 looks to give Samsung another chance to attempt to dethrone the king.

In addition, Mike Vitelli, president of Best Buy Americas and Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America will present a check for $25,000 to Ne-Yo’s philanthropic organization, The Compound Foundation.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 - 12:00 p.m. Sales of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Begin
    - 4:00 p.m. Samsung, Best Buy and Ne-Yo Remarks
    - 4:15 p.m. Live Performance by Hip-Hop Artist Ne-Yo
    - 4:30 p.m. Autographs
    *The first 50 people to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will get VIP access to the live performance. The first 100 fans in line starting at noon will also get the opportunity to see the performance. *

Best Buy – Union Square
    Corner of 14th Street and 4th Avenue
    New York, New York 10003

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/06/07/free-ne-yo-tickets-and-case-with-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1/

2. Ka Ora! macrumors regular

Never heard of him.....

3. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I wonder how many people will just line up to see this Neyo guy rather than to buy a tablet...

4. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

You guys really need to get out the house more if you have never heard of Neyo.

5. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

ive heard of him. only 1 problem, he sucks!

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

He was the guy in The Matrix wasn't he ?

Wonder if he'll be wearing his long black coat and dark glasses ;)

7. Sonisk macrumors member

LOL @ Matrix. I don't know who that is either.

Here's a picture of folks who care by the way, no pun intended guys :)
    Good luck Samsung nevertheless :)

[​IMG]

Oh, also this...
    So, 15 minutes of fame, right? :)

8. Syk macrumors 6502a

Heard of him. He's probably a better song writer/producer than singer though.

I was interested in the Samsung 8.9 device but you never hear any details or release info on it.

I want to try an Android device but not sure because of what I hear about the Tegra2 but the Samsung at least look wise seems nice.

Not sure I like the NY release today and for everyone else it's next week.

9. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

Oh dear, you're off the talking point. You're not supposed to call the iPhone the number 1 phone in the world. That's supposed to be the "Android phone" (whatever that is).

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yet another Android tablet.

No proper software/hardware/media ecosystem, essentially it's the potato of the portable device world. Android tablets are potatoes, you can do all sorts of awesome stuff with them but in the end they all look work and feel the same.

The iPad and the PlayBook are the only truly different tablets out there and the PlayBook is seriously crippled.

Everyone keeps saying "Oh wow look at THIS new Android tablet" but when you go into the stores they're always tucked kind-of-out-of-the-way near their tiny accessory rack and you have to get through the crowds buying iPads to see them.

The iPad is going to continue to kill both the marketshare and mindshare of tablet buyers for the foreseeable future because so far nobody else is doing a proper end-to-end customer focussed experience.

Wake me up when something truly competitive arrives.

11. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Nah, we like you better sleeping. ;)

12. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

You guys should pay more attention. If this year's WWDC is any indication... then the iPad 3 will be running on android, LOL

13. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

i was at the launch. to be honest, it is a really good tablet. android 3.1 seems to have ironed out the kinks. build quality felt great and the display was beautiful. using the tablet was smooth throughout. this is by far the best android tablet in the market now. great alternative for apple users like me who are looking for something different. i would've bought it on the spot, but they didn't have the 32gb metallic grey available. only the white models. i'll be going back again tomorrow to see if they get the metallic grey in stock. :)

on a side note, i thought this is really cool of Samsung to do:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/08/samsung-shows-affection-to-cyanogenmod-gives-its-devs-a-free-ga

14. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Does that mean they have to give them away to encourage the Devs to make apps for them?

15. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

well the Cyanogen Mod team has already created one for the original. the devs were actually the ones that had asked Samsung if it was possible to purchase the GS2 at other retailers as well, since at the time.. they were limited to parts of Europe only. i guess they didn't expect Samsung to just give them away like that. i think it's a great move for Samsung, since there are a lot of people who run Cyanogen, so getting this rom running on the GS2 would just help its sales even more. the open-source community can be quite wonderful. lots of intelligent helpful individuals there at CM and at XDA.

16. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Can't say you are wrong there.