Nearly 1GB of memory use in Safari on Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MythicFrost, Oct 13, 2009.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Meeeh, why soo much?

I had about 8 tabs open, one of them was a flash game, soon as I shut it everything stopped lagging and I could change tabs again.

Didn't check memory usage but it's only 300MB now. It was 750MB roughly before.

Kind Regards

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I love Safari in OS X. In Windows however, it's not that great. Kind of like how Firefox works great on Windows but is just OK on OS X.

Lucky for you (and all of us) there are many solid browsers out there now. Firefox, Opera, Chrome, take your pick. Even Internet Explorer 8 is pretty solid (although I'd recommend going with one of the other ones).

3. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

TBH I love Safari on Windows or OSX, I do notice particularly with any flash games that it gets heavy memory usage and very laggy.

Unlike OSX I can have about 10 flash games open at the same time and still be cruising :)

I wonder why it's not as good as on OSX, I suppose a Windows limitation on the way it handles things, maybe poor coding - I don't know :D.

Kind Regards