Nebraska again: Judge denies 16 year old girl abortion

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by AhmedFaisal, Oct 17, 2013.

1. AhmedFaisal, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

And when she needs government assistance to raise her child, conservatives will call her irresponsible.

3. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Although I don't agree with abortion as a form of birth control for irresponsible people who don't know what a condom or pills are I understand that it is sometimes a medical necessity and a judge shouldn't have the right to rule on such a thing (unless of course the father wants to take full responsibility for the child then its a sticky situation although I will always side with life).

4. Vanilla Ice, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013

Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Hmmm, those damn conservatives! Not really… I know many Dems that are against Abortion… Anyways. I didn’t really read the whole story because the lady is obviously a Liberal that keeps blaming conservatives over and over about being pro life. If the 16 year old got pregnant due to having careless sex, she needs to suck it up and have the baby. She should know that having sex can lead to pregnancy. If she doesn’t want to take the responsibility of being a mother, drop the baby off at her local fire dept. No questions asked. I’m sure most of you here are going to freak out and argue about my opinion, just be thankful your mom didn’t abort you to give you life so you can rant about killing an innocent baby.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

She is a MINOR!! The law states she has to have parental consent to have an abortion. Since she was in foster care I guess she went directly to a judge and he said tough luck. I'm not seeing where the issue is.

You guys are so quick to let people kill babies but heaven forbid if we put murders to death.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Yea, cause I'm sure she wants a child of hers to go through the crappy foster system as she did. :rolleyes:

7. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

So we're assuming she wasn't denied access to birth control as well?

8. Vanilla Ice, Oct 17, 2013

Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Wow, Maybe she shouldn’t of had sex in the first place. Too bad.

9. pdjudd macrumors 601

Given that she is a minor, any sex that she did have probably didn't involve any meaningful consent legally speaking.

Nonetheless, that is a pretty crass thing to say.

10. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

[​IMG]

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Obviously she shouldn't have, and obviously we ALL made risky/bad decisions one time or another. Who are you to tell someone what to do with their own body and/or how to handle their own situations?

12. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I have no problem with abortion but there should be some rules. It is legal in Nebraska to get an abortion if you are a minor and have parental consent so it is not like they are preventing EVERYONE from not getting an abortion. I think it is pretty reasonable if you are under 18 to have to get parental consent to get one.

----------

The same reason I can't drink under 21 or smoke under 18 or drive a car under 15 or vote under 18 or ....

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

FTR most of those in you listed has or could have a direct affect on other people, and by other people I mean those already outside the womb. Where abortion is limited to one person and the cells/fetus she carries.

14. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

So your saying cause she is 16 year old we can force her to give birth, but 18 and over can have their own say? That just doesn't sound right to me.

It's not illegal for a 16 year old to have sex. So do you believe a 16 year old should be forced into using contraception?

15. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I’m someone that believes everyone deserves life. Just like you, me and everyone else. Is that a problem to you?

16. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It is a problem if your a part of forcing decisions on women. They are the ones who have to go through the process of their choice whether going through pregnancy or abortion.

IMO .... If you really want to prevent abortion. Get out there and help educate the youth, help or guide those mothers and soon to be mothers into a better understanding and situation, and etc. A proactive stance has always proved more successful than a reactive stance.

Too many of those against abortion just want to force their beliefs/decisions on women, then walk away from the situation completely with their head held high as if they did good in the world. Meanwhile, having little to no concern about the welfare of those same children. Seems like the term "Pro Life" ends at birth.

17. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

I don’t have a degree to educate kids/teens to teach them to choose pro life over killing an innocent baby. I do though have an opinion just like you. Mine obviously is much different than yours. I don’t think I’ll ever understand how stopping an unborn babies heartbeat and disposing the body is “OK” because it’s the women’s choice. Especially women that have multiple abortions. But hey, it’s her body, I shouldn’t care :rolleyes: Like I said, Lucky for us that our mom decided to give us life.

18. mudslag, Oct 17, 2013

mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

It's your Right to believe that, you dont have the Right to impose that belief on anyone else.

19. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

It goes both ways. Like I said, I have an opinion and I gave it. Just like someone thats Pro choice gives theirs.

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Im not sure you understand my post. Im not trying to say you can't express your opinion about how you dislike abortions, get on a soapbox and yell to your heart's content. Simply that you don't have the Right to impose your opinion on others, such as trying to stop others from getting an abortion.

21. dec. Suspended

dec.

The thing that gets to me is that she would have been treated completely different had she lived in a different, less religious home. She was too scared because of her foster parents "Religion". There really need to be better filters applied to selecting qualified foster parents. As soon as a child feels influenced or threatened by that "religion" those parents are totally disqualified.

(and my own personal belief is that parents who pray with their children are completely oblivious and ignorant to the "freedom of religion")

22. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Here's a solution: KEEP YOUR PERSONAL RELIGION OUT OF OUR PUBLIC POLICIES.

23. noodlemanc macrumors regular

noodlemanc

Yeah, I'm sure that baby will have a great life being raised by a 16 year old mother.

Countries that have legalized abortions have lower teen pregnancy rates than the ones that haven't. Do you know why? Because if fewer teenagers have kids in the first place, then those kids won't grow up and due to having been poorly raised make the same mistakes as their parents. So if you really want fewer abortions you'd support them being legal.

24. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

So it’s the baby's fault she got pregnant?.... It's funny how you think a 16 year old can’t raise a baby. So she should think, I can’t take responsibility for my own actions, ahh, I’ll get rid of it. (Kill it) It’s that simple right?

25. Renzatic, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Now I'm not one of those people who walk around endorsing abortions as a quick fix for a broken condom, but sometimes it's the better choice. A 16 year old girl living in a foster home without any savings or familial support to fall back on isn't in any position to raise a kid.

All she'll be able to do is work a minimum wage job and apply for food stamps, barely able to make ends meet because she's too busy taking care of her kid to get an education or do anything else to further herself. And then in turn you'll be on here bitching about having the government take a cut out of your paycheck cuz "olol welfare moochers why can't they just get a job".