Nebraska patrol accused of requiring vaginal exams for women patrol officers

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Aug 3, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so women get treated the same as men I keep hearing. time for those man part exams.
    https://apnews.com/b8f6815a49bc4fae8b416bda009ff08d

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

here you go on men
    on women
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/17/health/17brody.html

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

there ups go justify it. well I think the law and everyone else says no. of course this doctor says no.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

NTY times seems to disagree..................

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

well I will take a doctors option on it myself.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, here you go
    WHO performed the Hernia check? it was a DR Steve....................

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well after all this time in PRSI, we should know by now that the Right's men always know what is better for women and their bodies.
    And apparently the Right's women just defer to them.

All so very Biblical.

8. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

who was told to do it? a unnecessary check that the article and everyone actually acknowledged. some reason they stopped doing it wonder why ?. I love how you are defending this act. it is crazy but so you.
    tell you what find me other police agencies that do this then you can maybe have a foot to stand on. right now your barking at the imaginary squirrel again.

9. jkcerda, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

lmmfao............... checking for HERNIAS is part of a PHYSICAL exam Steve.
    http://www.wright.edu/~jim.adamitis/physical_req/requirements.html
    you don't know the difference between men & women & you obviously don't know what a physical exam entails for cops, hell it's the same in the military as they also check for hernias there BEFORE you go in.
    your imaginary squirrels are lose, nice deflection after you could not use DR as an excuse :D
    --- Post Merged, Aug 3, 2017 ---
    BOTH men & women get checked for Hernias, it's called equality....

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

lets see your proof as the doc said you don't have to exam a womans genitals to check for it. but hey you are the expert medical guy so I will take your word for iut. hell I have not found anything you are not expert at.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I already LINKED IT, and also noted it was A DR who performed the check, YOU being WRONG pretty often does not make me an "Expert", it just looks that way when dealing with you :p
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/glenn-d-braunstein-md/his-and-her-hernias-pelvi_b_950590.html

12. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

if there is a issue/ but did it say anything about anal examination? nope sorry. Know your right you always are. lets see who comes out on top of this legal issue huh? seems the police are not going to make it. plus as your article says if there isa problem then it would be on their backs she had to flip over too really.

Splittgerber submitted to the exam in 2014 before she was hired by the patrol in 2015, saying in her lawsuit that she was required by a Lincoln doctor hired by the patrol to remove her pants and lie on her back, then her stomach, to be examined.

Splittgerber complained to her superiors after being told by her family doctor that there was no legitimate medical purpose for the exam. She was told an investigation was underway, the lawsuit says, but was disturbed that female patrol candidates from subsequent recruitment classes continued to be sent to the same doctor to submit to the exams.

Dr. Karen Carlson, an OB-GYN with Nebraska Medicine in Omaha, said it would be highly unusual to conduct a pelvic exam for a possible hernia. Pressing the abdomen with a hand would be standard for such a check, she said.

“There would be no reason to look in the genital or anal area,” Carlson said. “We might have them loosen their pants, but I wouldn’t think there would be any need to disrobe.”

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

funny has hell seeing you continually deflect from all the sources I provide you, LIBERAL sources at that :D

when in the military or as shown entering the police, you don't get checked ONLY IF there is a problem, you get checked to make sure you don't have one prior to going in Steve.......

14. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

You will not admit that the article was about looking for a problem not a general physical. And of course you ignore where it says nothing about doing a anal exam on your stomach and you ignore two doctor one hers saying it was not nessisary and you have kit shown one other police force doing the same thing. Just because you can find a article about diagnosing a hernia you have not shown this is part of a routine exam.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

post 9,, hell you even quoted it , why don't you read what you quote?

[​IMG]
    I even provided you TWO DIFFERENT sources that you overlook, if you don't like the NYT's or huffpost take on it then by all means tell me they are crap :D

16. steve knight, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

And I showed you anal exams have nothing to do with it and vaginal exams are only when something is wrong. Please show me where a anal exam is needed. The problem is yiu just found a article that says how a diagnosis for a problem is done. Not how a general physical is done. Please show me and everyone. Ask your wife if they did that on a physical. Wait i know they were checking her prostrate right?

17. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

He's way too far out on the limb. He'll never come back.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

my wife has NOT applied to be a COP steve,,,,,,,,,, already showed you it IS a requirement for COPS.

[​IMG]

you have ONE source, I provided you with TWO that counter yours.

main problem is you are reading what you WANT into what it's provided.

again
    http://www.wright.edu/~jim.adamitis/physical_req/requirements.html

19. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Dude show.me where it says anal exam I am waiting.

20. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Anal exams show me.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.wikihow.com/Check-for-a-Hernia
    [​IMG]

you don't know there are differences between men & women
    you don't know what are the requirements for entrance into the police force
    and you don't know what kind of hernias there are out there................

from a woman suffering it
    http://forums.webmd.com/3/gynecology-exchange/forum/21981

22. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Dude it was a physical they don't check for those hernias you are just so sure that the cops did no wrong aren't you? You keep bringing up someone that has problems and how a doctor would examine for it. Not a general physical. Her doctor said it was unnecessary but because you found a website that says when I woman has a problem that's what they may do to check. It has zero to do with a general physical fitness check.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you keep deflecting from the FACT that a physical for the POLICE is NOT THE SAME as a general physical...... you found ONE DR, I provided you with over 4 different links ............

yeah, letting him go here.

24. anonymouslurker macrumors regular

As sure as you are, that the cops are always in the wrong.

25. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

New Nebraska patrol training manual, "Don't grab 'em by the *****".

Who knew, Trump wrote the old manual.:eek: