Need a case that will be safe in my wife's Purse - front and back protection

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by computerinfo, Sep 11, 2010.

1. computerinfo macrumors newbie

Any good alternative to this case (See Below). I need a case for my wife that she can toss in her purse without worrying that keys or other items will scratch the front glass. We had to return the Sena Magnet Flipper because the case caused a reflection when using the flash.

Sena Magnet Flipper (Croco Red)
    http://www.senacases.com/apple/iphone-4-cases/magnet-flipper/

2. swwang macrumors newbie

I got my wife a red Otterbox to protect her phone inside her purse.... :D

Scott

3. ROFLtron macrumors newbie

The iSkin revo has a removable hard plastic shield on the front. I haven't had any experience with it, though.

4. computerinfo thread starter macrumors newbie

Any other ideas.......

I would prefer a leather folding case like the Sena. I do not want the front to only be protected by a film.

The otterbox just looks too complicated and bulky.

5. nivekr11 macrumors regular

Look at the waterfield designs suede jacket. There is a post here with a review.

6. Resist macrumors 68030

I'd use some painters tape to cover the back camera lens and flash while in her purse, because that area is not protected. Otterbox design oversight apparently.

7. intervenient macrumors 6502a

8. Clark Kent macrumors member

Foof

I've got my iPhone in a case but I put it into a Foofpod for when I carry it in a bag. It was a bit of a tight fit at first (the case is rubbery so that also contributed) but now it's perfect.

Or you can always go with an ugly leather flip case.

9. Shield macrumors member

My wife does the same thing...just tosses the phone in her purse. She needed protection, but also didn't want it too bulky. What had worked perfectly is the new iSkin Solo case with a screen shield. No scratches...good protection...little bulk.

10. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

no matter what you put around it, nothing is safe when entering one of those things...

11. iKathy macrumors newbie

I use a iFrogz Luxe Lean case with no screen protector so when I put it in my purse or backpack etc. I put it in one of those microfiber bags that you put sunglasses in which also works as a good cleaning cloth too.

12. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

i'm trying to talk my wife into a Vaja Retro Pouch. She liked pouches wit her BB so i figured it woudl keep it safe enough when in her purse.

13. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Might wanna check out the SGP illuzion or argos or valencia cases. http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/21_28_89

They are leather and have a flip design very similar to the vaja cases, but a lot less money. They are also hand made and good quality. I have the SGP pouch in vintage leather and it is awesome. :D

14. BearsFan34 macrumors regular

BearsFan34

Echo the above, I purchased the green iFrogz Luxe Lean case for my better half; had it a day/two since the iP4 released, no screen protector. In & out of a few purses and back pockets, not a scratch anywhere.

15. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Otterbox Commuter.

Just don't get anything with a magnet clasp. It fü cks up GPS accuracy.

16. aluren macrumors 65816

x2. Got my gf a pink bumper and after a week's use, that thing was so F-up that it seems like it's been a year of use. But better the bumper than the phone. I'm also using PS shield to cover front and back, which of course, is also scratched up...

17. computerinfo thread starter macrumors newbie

I still need some more options for a case for my wife's purse that protects all sides.

18. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

19. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Why not a full body skin, like ghost armours full body skin? I've been using one for about a month & a half and it's been great since day 1. I highly recommend it. Haven't had any yellowing even though I do keep my hands very clean and nobody else touches it. Hardly any orange peel effect what so ever and will easily protects all parts of the phone from scratches.

20. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

thats what she said

21. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

+1