Need a monitor that isn't a Formac Extreme 5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rw5373, Apr 1, 2009.

1. rw5373 macrumors newbie

Hi All

In the market for a flat screen - 19inch or more.

Had my heart set on a Formac Gallery Extreme 5 - but they are out of stock everywhere and the company seems to be unobtainable these days (wonder if there are problems there?!)

So looking for recommendations of good monitors of this size that are reaosnably colour accurate - I will be using the monitor 99% of the time for photography.

Anyone know where i can find some advice/reviews? - or indeed advice of your own?

Kind regards

Robert

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

This would be helpful to know. Since you are using it for photography you will likely want an s-ips panel rather than a TN for greater color accuracy.

Here is a list I found from a quick google search of displays using S-IPS some are the better H-IPS. You should note that most of these displays run in the same price range of Apple's cinema displays. So you may want to consider those from Apple. Unless you are looking for multiple inputs.

Edit: You may want to consider the HP LP2475 if you are looking for a larger screen. It is the higher grade H-IPS panel. The ports include 2xDVI, DisplayPort, HDMI, S-Video, Composite, Component, SPDIF out. The stand allows for height, tilt, pivot and swivel. My new 24" has pivot and it is great for reading pdf's, web pages and dealing with tall pictures. All of that and it is cheaper than plus uses a better panel than Apple's 20incher

3. rw5373 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for advice so far.

Unfortunately the budget is about £350 maximum.....

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Robert

4. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo