Need a name for my new boat

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I just purchased my first boat. It's a 33' Grady White Express 330 with dual 250hp outboard motors and a bow thruster and generator. It has a Furuno GPS/Plotter, Fishfinder/sonar, Radar, Autopilot, and VHF radio. Inside it has a stove, microwave, fridge, sleeping for 4-5, bathroom (head + shower), 45 gallon livewell, teak flooring and trim. Also there is a fish freezer on deck and a tv with dvd and VHS, and a bose stereo system. Additionally a Cell Phone repeater/booster to improve cell phone range.

Right now shes getting all the electronics installed on her. I can't wait to get her in the water. I love the water and fishing, I'll be taking a few vacation days from work lol.

I need to find a name for my new boat. My parent's yacht is "Nautica" and my brother in laws grady white is "Hook 'er" (no not like a prostitute).

Also i forgot to ask the dealer about a trailer. Does anyone know if this thing is easily towable? The boat weighs 10,000 pounds so I would need a trailer and a big pickup.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
In an unrelated topic I just found out the vanity plate I want to get for my Range Rover is not taken! Its gonna be "RNG-RVR".

Since I love landrovers maybe I should name my boat Sea Rover. Nahh I don't like it. I saw a boat in a harbor named Seavette before though.

hmmm

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Daveway said:
Well, you can start off by thinking of girl names. Historically all boats are named after women. ;)
Yea but what women should I name it after? I'm not married and no I am not going to name it after my mother.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
edesignuk said:
The Black Pearl....yarrrrrr matey :D
That would be great except my boat is not a pirate ship :(. Sorry no peg leg or eye patch.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not sure why but this name just popped into my head.

I think you should call her bessy.

Dr. Dastardly

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2004
I live in a giant bucket!
This reminds me of a story of one of my grandfather's friends who bought a fairly good size boat. This guy had it built to exact specifications and had a budget that he quickly surpassed with all the fees, taxes and nickel and dime charges. Finally when the boat was almost complete and time to pay up the sales guy in charge of the project said that with a boat of above $40,000 he can get any name painted on the back.

He said some exotic phrase (can't remember what the phrase was or even what language, like Mandarin or Tagalog) he picked up when traveling. All I can remeber was what it translated in to english.

Translation was "Bend Over Here it Comes Again". :eek:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Naming your boat is tough. Honestly I haven't named mine. I'm still stuck with the old name from the previous owner. Your boat sounds like a real beauty. What nationality are you? Are you irish, german, etc.

Anyway:
bellus = beautiful in latin
divinus = sacred
Seaduction
Charisma

I could keep going. :)
What are your hobbies? Fishing? What else can you tell us that would be useful in helping you name your boat?

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
killuminati said:
I'm not sure why but this name just popped into my head.

I think you should call her bessy.
Bessy the Boat lol

How bout "Way to much spent on electonics"

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Hey Jessica

What's "Empty Wallet" in Latin?

EJ, if you go with a female type name you'd better pick it to be pretty generic -- Hard to explain Miranda Sue to your date named Megan...
But if you go too generic, like : "My Beloved" or "Sweetheart" then everyone will think you've fixated on the boat... but then...

My Precious?? Now that's got a ring to it.

May help explain how the money disappeared tho'.