Need a quick answer to a question regarding the iphone 5, my preorder, unlimited data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tdubs27, Sep 13, 2012.

1. tdubs27 macrumors newbie

Ok so heres my story
    I have 3 upgrades on a family plan
    Only 1 phone has an iphone (mine) with unlimited data grandfathered in, the other 3 are older phones without even a data plan at all
    Now my genuis idea is this:
    I get an upgrade to the iphone 5 for 2 of the phones (not my own)
    when the phones arrive If my calculations are correct I should be able to just activate one of the phones to my line and keep my unlimited data (since I am technically not upgrading that accounts number) and then proceed to never activate the other one (or activate really quick then switch back over to the old phone)
    I will then sell the other iphone 5 on ebay for market value at least and I should cover my expenses for both phones and have a little left over for myself.
    Please please someone answer me quickly I really need to know before I buy two phones and am stuck with everything

2. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

How about not being greedy and just leaving that one on the shelf for others to try and grab.

3. tdubs27 thread starter macrumors newbie

why is everyone telling me this? I am staying up till 3am and putting it on my credit card, going through all the work, and selling it to someone who is willing to pay good money for it. Not taking the phone away from anyone just giving a phone to someone who is more dedicated to owning an iphone 5 after it sells out. (which it will. right??)

4. tdubs27 thread starter macrumors newbie

**** it im doing it. thanks for all your help guys really...

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

[​IMG]