Need a set of speakers that are portable.. Any recommendations?

tweaks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
I find myself wandering around the house listening to podcasts and whatever.... I also have kids and I like hearing things that go on around the house so ear buds are out of the question.... I want something that I can plug into my phone and possibly clip to a shirt and listen to whatever is playing as I am doing the things I normally do throughout the day... any recommendations??

The phone would be in my pocket and speakers would clip to my shirt or something like that. I need to be completely hands free.:apple:

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
Put the iPhone upside down in a shirt pocket with the speaker pointing up?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2011
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Shirt with a pocket does the job for me. Drop the phone in upside down, the speaker in the bottom of the phone is plenty loud.

I sometimes use a Bluetooth earpiece with A2DP capability (one ear) if there are other people around and I don't want to irritate them with my noise, but sounds like that's not an issue in your case.

tweaks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Shirt with a pocket does the job for me. Drop the phone in upside down, the speaker in the bottom of the phone is plenty loud.

I sometimes use a Bluetooth earpiece with A2DP capability (one ear) if there are other people around and I don't want to irritate them with my noise, but sounds like that's not an issue in your case.
That is an idea that I had completely forgotten about..... THANK YOU!!

chakraj

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2008
So Cal
I have a motorola bluetooth speaker that is rather small and still sounds ok. However the best new one out is the Jawbone, Jambox, but its not small. It does have a big neck chain you can use with it, ala, Flavor Flave!

tweaks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Ok... Closed... Bought a jambox.... Figured with its popularity and with it being portable and the "jamchain" it is a win win!! LOL

Seriously.... I think that it would be perfect for my needs.

Thanks for your replies.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Ok... Closed... Bought a jambox.... Figured with its popularity and with it being portable and the "jamchain" it is a win win!! LOL

Seriously.... I think that it would be perfect for my needs.

Thanks for your replies.
LOL! I was joking about the chain, but the Jambox rocks! I got one and am super impressed how good it sounds in such a small package.

And hey, you can get the Jamchain free with a promo code... :D

tweaks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2008
Lol. I figured as much. With it being as little as it is. I figured I can move it if need be and also take it to the beach!!

kierennyc

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
NYC
I think this has gotten consistently better reviews than the Jambox. I dont own either but have done some research as I'm looking to buy soon.

They dont look as nice as the Jambox but are smaller and most importantly have better sound (isnt that why we're buying them?!).

http://www.soundmatters.com/foxl/

bowzer

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
If anyone has a jambox, and would be willing to try out a song that was giving me severe clipping issues, let me know and I'll send them a link.

Out of curiosity, I picked up another one from a different store (this one had printing on the front of the paper cover for the accessories, my first ones didnt?). Tried out it in the car, clipped worst than the first two I tried. Returned within 5mins.

I REALLY wanted to like this thing. I think Im in denial that so many people could be giving this thing positive reviews and I think it sounds so horrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.