Need a set of speakers that are portable.. Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tweaks, Nov 17, 2011.

1. tweaks macrumors regular

I find myself wandering around the house listening to podcasts and whatever.... I also have kids and I like hearing things that go on around the house so ear buds are out of the question.... I want something that I can plug into my phone and possibly clip to a shirt and listen to whatever is playing as I am doing the things I normally do throughout the day... any recommendations??

The phone would be in my pocket and speakers would clip to my shirt or something like that. I need to be completely hands free.:apple:

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

3. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

Yes i understand that I have googled it.... Thanks...

I am looking for any recommendations that people might have here.

BTW your post was not helpful.

4. mstrze macrumors 68000

Put the iPhone upside down in a shirt pocket with the speaker pointing up?

5. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

Most of the shirts I have do not have pockets.....but.... definitely do able when i do!

Thanks!

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Shirt with a pocket does the job for me. Drop the phone in upside down, the speaker in the bottom of the phone is plenty loud.

I sometimes use a Bluetooth earpiece with A2DP capability (one ear) if there are other people around and I don't want to irritate them with my noise, but sounds like that's not an issue in your case.

7. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

That is an idea that I had completely forgotten about..... THANK YOU!!

8. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I have a motorola bluetooth speaker that is rather small and still sounds ok. However the best new one out is the Jawbone, Jambox, but its not small. It does have a big neck chain you can use with it, ala, Flavor Flave!

9. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

I use the icarlity hd from monster. paid $75 via amazon and IMO well worth the money.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

11. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

Ok... Closed... Bought a jambox.... Figured with its popularity and with it being portable and the "jamchain" it is a win win!! LOL

Seriously.... I think that it would be perfect for my needs.

Thanks for your replies.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

LOL! I was joking about the chain, but the Jambox rocks! I got one and am super impressed how good it sounds in such a small package.

And hey, you can get the Jamchain free with a promo code... :D

13. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

Lol. I figured as much. With it being as little as it is. I figured I can move it if need be and also take it to the beach!!

14. kierennyc macrumors regular

I think this has gotten consistently better reviews than the Jambox. I dont own either but have done some research as I'm looking to buy soon.

They dont look as nice as the Jambox but are smaller and most importantly have better sound (isnt that why we're buying them?!).

www.soundmatters.com/foxl/

15. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

On the cheap the Creative D100 or Logitech z515 are both battery operated with Bluetooth.

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

macrumors does have a iphone accesory's section. I do realize you have been a member since 2008. However I figured you missed it! Also http://www.ilounge.com plenty of good reviews.

17. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

I'll be returning my jambox in a few hours. Super disappointing sound quality... I'm picky about sound - and it leads me to believe a lot of people leaving glowing reviews don't really have an ear for what sounds good. Here is my detailed review

18. bowzer macrumors 6502

bowzer

If anyone has a jambox, and would be willing to try out a song that was giving me severe clipping issues, let me know and I'll send them a link.

Out of curiosity, I picked up another one from a different store (this one had printing on the front of the paper cover for the accessories, my first ones didnt?). Tried out it in the car, clipped worst than the first two I tried. Returned within 5mins.

I REALLY wanted to like this thing. I think Im in denial that so many people could be giving this thing positive reviews and I think it sounds so horrible.