Need a Video Capture to capture gaming video onto my Mac. (High-Def video possible?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kumoriken, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Kumoriken macrumors newbie

Well I've had numerous times where I've wanted to capture game-play off of my 360, and upload it to the internet.
    And I want to capture high-quality, HD video if possible.
    My question is, are there any video captures (Not including cards) that can capture video from the HD component cables (Or whatever they're called, if anyone is confused, I can find a picture.) as opposed to the A/V cables?

Also, does the fact that I'm trying to do so on a Mac affect anything? Like, are there HD video captures for PC, if not mac?

If there are not HD video captures, would any of you mind recommending a video capture that is relatively cheap (Under $100 would be nice) and works well?

~Thanks.

2. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

pyro box or digital video camera

you can get a pyro box that connects to the computer with firewire and you can import the live video to imovie or final cut. or, you can buy a digital video camera that is mini dv that can do analog to digital conversion. and capture with imovie or final cut. and canon mini dv camcorder over $350 will have the a to d conversion. you can get a pyro box for $100 or so. fyi - pyro box has component input.

3. Kumoriken thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, awesome. Pyro has component cables?
    That sounds great. Thanks.
    Now, one question...
    I heard that a USB Video Capture would downgrade the quality since USB 2.0 isn't very powerful.
    Is Firewire a hell of a lot better or something? I would guess so.

Edit: Hey, also, could you link me to where I could buy a Pyro Box? I looked it up and can't find one. Thanks.