Need advice - buying monitor for new office

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jamester23, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Jamester23 macrumors newbie

Jamester23

Hi all,

I have a 2015 Macbook Pro 3.1 Ghz dual core. Graphics card is Intel Iris 6100. 16 GB of ram.

I'm setting up my new office. Want to do dual screen. MB Pro is my main and only computer. Been looking at monitors to get and came across this one. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ue590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?skuId=5484022

Dual screen is very important to me as it helps me tremendously move my files around etc.

Will this work with my MB pro for dual screen? What type of connector should I buy? I chose this monitor because it's a good price and I'm not going to be out of whack to toss it and buy an apple display when they start making them again.

Thanks for your help!

2. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

3. greentofu macrumors member

You can look into getting a 34 inch LG UC98 Ultrawide Monitor. You can view 3 full size windows on one screen with its software.

Easy to use like windows snapping and a lot more practical I think with less clutter.

4. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

If it were me personally, I would go for dual QHD IPS displays with a very thin bezel design (I like the viewing angle of IPS). I'd be a little concerned by the amount of heat driving dual UHDs would generate, especially if combined with an already resource-intensive workload - not to mention the potential cost savings for a product it sounds like you might not keep all that long! I'm currently using dual 1080p glossy displays for my 2014 15-inch and a major reason I chose the brand I did was because they are almost bezel-less (for some reason large bezels annoy me with dual setups.)