Alright, so I've got a bit of a dilemma... I just checked Apple's website for upgrade eligibility, and I won't be eligible for an early upgrade until 9/21/14, since I got the 5s on launch a year earlier. However, if the rumors are true and the phone releases on the 19th, I won't be eligible for an early upgrade until two days later, which by then, most of the iPhones will have probably sold out. Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that I'm going to buy/pre-order the phone on launch (yes, I know two days is practically nothing, but I'm extremely impatient with these launches). That got me thinking about upgrade options. If I were to wait until the 21st, that would cost me $549 (if I bought the "middle" storage option, whether it be the 32 or 64 with the iPhone 6), and then when/if I upgrade to the 6s, it'd be another $549, coming out to $1100. If I were to buy the phone outright at $749, I'd be eligible for a full upgrade for the 6s at $299, which comes to a total of $1050, saving me $50. I was going to go for this, until I read somewhere that Apple doesn't allow purchasing an unlocked, off-contract iPhone until a month or so after release. I could also buy it full-priced at $749 while also signing a new two-year contract, which seems like the likely scenario. Then I started doing some research on AT&T Next. I've heard bad things about it, but thought it might be worth a look, in my case, since I tend to buy each iteration of the iPhone every year. So my question is which option would be my best? Any thoughts on AT&T Next for me? The best option would probably be waiting until the 21st, but I would really like to have it on or near launch. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to be thorough! TL;DR Basically I can't get the iPhone 6 for anything less than $749 at launch. Is AT&T Next worth it then?