Need Advice on recent screen issue with iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brig2221, Oct 2, 2012.

1. brig2221, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

brig2221 macrumors 6502

Looking for some advice regarding a recent problem with my iPhone 5 screen.

I was in iTunes earlier today purchasing a song, and while entering in my iTunes password to purchase the song, a bunch of squiggly lines (directly horizontal) showed up on the towards the bottom 1/3 of the screen. The best way I could describe them is the squigly lines you would see across the screen on a TV when it had a poor antenna signal, or on a poor VCR tape. Anyhow, it was very obvious that something was wrong with the screen at that particular point in time.

It only lasted for about 5 seconds, and then went away completely. It hasn't done it again in the last few hours. That said, I've owned every iteration of the iPhone (save the 4), and I have never seen something go so wacky with the screen before. Although everything is normal now, I can't help but think that there is something materially wrong with the screen, and that it will only be a matter of time before it happens again, or gets even worse.

So here is the question, is this incident (which I can't see any way that I could "prove" to a genius) worthy of taking the phone back? I hate to be that guy that tries to take things back for seemingly frivilous reasons, and I'd rather not mess with the beatdown of trying to engage an Apple Genius. However, I can't get it out of my mind that my screen is now defective in some way, waiting to rear it's ugly head again in the near future.

What say you?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Your not alone.

If you perform a search you will see a few people have this when entering their password in the itunes store.

its thought to be software not hardware related.

3. brig2221 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, I see that now. Thanks very much for the response. Glad to know I won't have to trudge into an Apple store and try to talk someone into giving me a new phone :D