Need advice on this monitor for powermac g4

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cpnotebook80, Jun 25, 2008.

1. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone, I just got a free powermac g4 quicksilver edition. I want to add a monitor since i dont like the pc one i currently using on it.It has a 32 mb agp graphics card.
    I have the chance of getting this model seen here for good price.
    http://www.everymac.com/monitors/apple/studio_cinema/specs/apple_cinema_hd_display.html
    Will my graphic card output to its full resolution on that monitor?

now, im an iMac person since i have 2 at home and a switcher from windows since 2005.So i dont know much about the powermac hardware and monitors etc.
    I like this monitor and wondering if there were or is any issues with them compared to the new cinema display apple currently selling.
    any advice would be good.
    thanks

2. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

A further search on EveryMac confirms that even the lowest-end video card that shipped with the Quicksilver G4s, the GeForce 2MX, can run up to 1920x1200 and drive that Cinema Display.

3. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

So its a good monitor?
    i tried to check the resale value of that model but doesnt show up on mac2sell
    how much do u think its worth for that model?
    I read the response on these were slow and that these days you can get a better monitor for less

4. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Just get a new monitor off of Newegg.com. The screens will be better with a quicker response time. As long as the resolution is the same as those old Apple ones you should be fine.

By the way you will probably need an ADC to DVI adapter for any other monitor than that line from Apple. Unless you plan to use VGA.

5. cpnotebook80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok thanks.
    ill check it out.
    I know at the moment ive connected my old flat lcd MAG monitor to the powermac g4 using vga and it works fine.Tho a bit blurry even at high rez.Could be the monitor.