Need answers to a few q's be4 I buy an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pad18, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Pad18 macrumors member

I have a nextel and a sidekick 2 currently and now I'm deciding which phones to buy out of these three: LG Voyager, Sidekick LX, iPhone. I need to know if iphone can use aim, if it can use mp3 ringtones and if u can send pics in txts? And I heard a new version of the iphone is coming out and if it is when?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

There might be an update with leopard but no news as to what it will bring and when exactly it is. I would wait for it to come and if it doesn't bring the features you want, then I wouldn't buy the iPhone. I would wait and see though.

3. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Currently AIM is not built in on iPhone, but there are a few really good apps such as JiveTalk that run through Safari and are done really well. There are also 3rd party apps coming for iPhone in February so there will definitely be something then if Apple does not provide us an AIM client like iChat in an update before then.

The ringtone question is tricky. Yes and no. There are 500,000 songs sold in iTunes that can be made into a ringtone for $1.98. There is an alternative if you are on a mac, you can buy iToner for $15 and use unlimited mp3 or m4a tones you make on your own.

Currently there is no mms on iPhone, but everyone is hoping for an update adding that feature in the near future.

As far as a new version of iPhone. I would not worry about that. The iPhone is only 4 months old. Common sense says that it is unlikely for an updated version to be released before at least June/July of 08, likely even longer.

Apple provides software updates and bug fixes almost on a monthly basis. This means every month some new features and options are added to the phone. It is really hard to know what new stuff the phone might have in another 2 months, but it is likely that new apps and features will continue to come for the next 6-12 months.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

There is an option to install applications on the Home Screen; its very easy to use. Two AIM clients work very well.

ijailbreak.com