Need good, inexpensive monitor for graphics, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by freeny, May 28, 2008.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I am at a new job and am setting up a mac workstation. Its a small company and they would prefer not spending $600 on an apple monitor. I am looking for suggestions on a 20" non apple monitor that has good color accuracy. We purchased an acer 22" and it is sub par to say the least.
    Does anyone have suggestions through experience on an inexpensive screen? links?

Thanks in advance

2. waynesun macrumors regular

waynesun

I'm in a similar situation as well.

Right now, it's a match-up between Dell and Apple. The 2007WFP VS the 20'' ACD makes the 2007wfp an easy winner in value and quality.. but there's always the chance that you'll land an S-PVA panel of lesser quality.

The 20'' ACD fetches for around 350.00 on eBay (last time i've checked). It may/may not fit your budget.

If you really want to streamline your budget down to the last dollar, I suggest a Dell 2005FPW from eBay. You get assurance of an S-IPS panel with great viewing angles, comparable image quality to the 20'' ACD, and a very inexpensive price for a great monitor ($200-250).

It may be 'out of date', but once you consider how old the panels in the ACD displays are.. the 2005FPW from Dell is still a reasonable contender. Why pay extra for 'yesterday's monitor'?