Need help in choosing a proper phone Treo 680 or HTC S630?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by M. Malone, Oct 1, 2007.

1. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

hello everyone,

I have been a blackberry user for a bit, however, I'm moving to a country which has no blackberry service, which kills me because I just love the interface and the snappy OS. So now I must find me a good replacement.

I'm torn between a Palm Treo 680 or an HTC S630

I have asked many of my friends, but they don't seem to understand what I want. I ask here since many here are Mac users and can understand what I want:

I want a phone that is snappy and responsive, with not much lag time, and something that over time won't slow, something like my Mac. What is a more suitable smart phone OS? Palm OS? or Windows Mobile 6?

I have basic requirements, email, web browsing, sms. I just don't want a slow phone. I want something with a nice easy to navigate menu.

thanks!

2. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Of the 2 listed the HTC S630
    The 680 is long in the tooth (barely a step up from the 650), granted the Palm OS community is alive and kickin some serious azz with various apps and Palm don't care if you unlock their phones :)

But which ever makes you happy

3. schulzmc macrumors regular

If you decide on the 680 and want to buy one that is almost brand new and unlocked PM me. I'll give you a good deal on the one I stopped using when I got my iPhone.