Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janaala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I recently installed Windows XP with SP2 on my Mac. It installed perfectly with all the drivers except Apple Built-in iSight. Have any one seen this problem or can anyone help me with resolving this problem?

The following error occurs while installing the iSight driver.

"Cannot Start this Hardware"

"Windows Cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (code 37)"

Thanks,
Jana

aptar

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
I'm having the exact same problem. Says iSight - Unprogrammed.

Surely someone has encountered it and found a fix (other than the routine answer of uninstall and reinstall drivers).

nightelf

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Do you have the latest BootCamp? There are new drivers, including the iSight. I tried in my iMac C2D and iSight works correctly in Messenger Live.

aptar

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2006
nightelf said:
Do you have the latest BootCamp? There are new drivers, including the iSight. I tried in my iMac C2D and iSight works correctly in Messenger Live.

In my case, I literally downloaded the latest bootcamp, followed all instructions, and it still won't work.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I cannot imagine how simply installing the new BootCamp allowed one to have their iSight begin working? Guess I'll have to test it.

Well, I just installed the new BootCamp, and the iSight still doesn't work. Now I'm going to reburn the drivers CD and see what that has on it.

EDIT: I should also note that it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE for an install of BootCamp to effect an install of Windows on an NTFS partition. OS X has "limited write" capabilites to NTFS (read: cannot write to it at all), so there's simply no way an upgrade of BootCamp can install a driver that Windows could use if one's BootCamp partition is NTFS. It should also be noted that Windows cannot read/write HFS+ without 3rd party support, so no dice there either.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
OK...

So, one should download the new BootCamp beta and re-burn the Macintosh Drivers CD (assuming one has BC alrady installed). Reboot into Windows and install the drivers off the newly burned CD and the iSight will then show up with a driver under Imaging Devices (in the Computer Management screen).

janaala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
As you guys suggested I created the mac drivers CD for windows xp again with new version of bootcamp 1.1.2 but iSight still did not work. may be i install the windows xp again but it is a tedious process :(

Niagra

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2007
EDIT: I should also note that it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE for an install of BootCamp to effect an install of Windows on an NTFS partition. OS X has "limited write" capabilites to NTFS (read: cannot write to it at all), so there's simply no way an upgrade of BootCamp can install a driver that Windows could use if one's BootCamp partition is NTFS. It should also be noted that Windows cannot read/write HFS+ without 3rd party support, so no dice there either.

Well the reinstallation of boot camp itself might be incapable of changing how windows behaves, but to burn the latest drivers you'll need the latest boot camp. You're right, but not in the big picture. ;>

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Well the reinstallation of boot camp itself might be incapable of changing how windows behaves, but to burn the latest drivers you'll need the latest boot camp. You're right, but not in the big picture. ;>

Actually, I'm correct in the big picture, not in the small picture.

One must download and install the latest bootcamp to burn a new CD with the latest drivers, but BC in no way effects the current Windows partition. One still must boot into Windows to install the updated drivers. Semantics. However, since apparently there are sticklers out there.. what I should have said was:

yellow said:
EDIT: I should also note that it's COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE for an install of BootCamp to DIRECTLY effect an install of Windows on an NTFS partition. OS X has "limited write" capabilities to NTFS (read: cannot write to it at all), so there's simply no way an upgrade of BootCamp can DIRECTLY install a driver that Windows could use if one's BootCamp partition is NTFS. It should also be noted that Windows cannot read/write HFS+ without 3rd party support, so no dice there either.

Better?

Anyway, I think I pretty much covered that in my post directly after that..

OK...

So, one should download the new BootCamp beta and re-burn the Macintosh Drivers CD (assuming one has BC already installed). Reboot into Windows and install the drivers off the newly burned CD and the iSight will then show up with a driver under Imaging Devices (in the Computer Management screen).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.