NEED HELP! iPhone 4 displays only a QUARTER OF THE SCREEN! iOS5 iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sadeed86, Oct 18, 2011.

1. sadeed86 macrumors newbie

Can some body help me?.. My iPhone4 displays only a quarter of the screen size when i enter an apps!.. seems like the software display resolution is not supported by the screen hardware! here's the look:confused::(

Attached Files:

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It appears that your iPhone thinks it has a non-Retina screen. Did you restore it from a backup of an older non-Retina device? Is it jailbroken?

4. sadeed86 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am now, n restoring is the last resort...i think this error related to hardware compatibility with iOS 5... but actually i already tethered JB mine;P n it might be the cause:/

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

6. sadeed86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i think JB is the cause... actually im refering to a website that show which cydia apps can & cannot install, which is ok for my phone..until last nite i realize that my native messaging app crashes or cant display the message:/

7. interstink macrumors newbie

This is normally caused by the LAST installed Cydia app not completing properly. Ive seen this happen before. I fixed by starting in safe mode (Using SBSettings Power toggle) and un-installing that offending app.

8. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

sadeed86, ignore literally every post except for this one.

Do not restore. This is the god forsaken laziest "fix" for any issue. Just do not reply with such an answer.

There is no such "offending app".

Simply activate sbsettings, power, safe mode. Once in safe mode, "restart" and you'll be up and running again - no quarter screen issue.

This is caused by an issue with activator when the phone is rebooted.

9. trenfro macrumors newbie

10. The Mad Mule macrumors regular

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

iPhone nano:D

12. woodenbrain macrumors member

This does fix this issue, and is described in many blogs. However it fixes it only temporarily, and has to be repeated any time you reboot.

What baffles me is the cause of this issue. reptrich, author of Activator, has claimed this is NOT related to Activator. So what is it??

13. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I have just got this same issue - only in the phone App - on a non-jail broken iPhone 4.

14. jhall527 macrumors member

Same here, just happened. Never been jailbroken. Only on the phone app. Any suggestions?

15. baespey macrumors newbie

This happened to me as well. The culprit was Auto Location. Once I removed that and rebooted, all was well.

16. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

It's a bug in one of the jailbroken apps, forget which one.