Need Help, Transfering iPad pics and more to new reformatted hard drive on my MBP.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rm2092, Apr 15, 2012.

1. rm2092 macrumors 6502

rm2092

Well today it seemed my hard drive crashed on my MBP, the good thing is my iPad has been updated with all my current pics and apps and so forth. Anyways I'm now doing a complete restore of Lion wich is taking 5 hours and now I'm at work. So the big question when I get home and my computer is back up will I be able to transfer all my apps, pics and videos to my computer ? As of right now I have iCloud set up on my iPad for Calendar, notes and reminders and everything else is set off. So please tell me when I get home 5 hours latter and plug my iPad into my computer it will just ask me if I would like to transfer all my data to my computer ?

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

It won't. It will ask you to use it with your computer and delete everything on the iPad. Don't let it.

If you have a backup, restore the files from that before messing with the iPad.

If you don't have one, well... Try some third party software to extract your photos from the iPad. They won't be exactly the original files anymore, but still better than losing everything. Apps should be fine to re-download, they are tied to your account.

3. rm2092 thread starter macrumors 6502

rm2092

Ok what is Photo Stream on the iPad for, setting wise ?