Need help with 2 issues please.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oranges&Lemons, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Oranges&Lemons macrumors newbie

Firstly, a couple of weeks ago, I managed to spill lemon mayonnaise into the speaker bit at the top where you hear people speak in a conversation. I've tried getting as much of it out as I can, but its still very quiet and can barely hear people. How do I fix this? How much would it cost to repair?

Secondly, my 2 year contract on my iPhone 4 is coming to an end in July, and I realise the iPhone 5 won't come out until September/October time, any suggestions as to what I can do, as I am due a free upgrade with them in July.. or would I be best selling the iPhone 4 when it ends and using that money to buy the new iPhone 5 and getting a crappy phone in the meantime?

2. firemedicmark macrumors 6502

i just can't actually see anything coming off the q-tip of whatever you're using..try spraying air in there (can of dust off) might work brah

sell old, buy new

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

1. Cudos for being the first person EVER to actually "spill" mayo.

2. Hold on to ur phone until late August/Sept before u sell it. Or at least wait until more rumors and more accurate dates come out. U don't have to sell it the second ur contract expires in July. But I would def hold out for the "5"

4. jkeith0919 macrumors member

If you get the speaker issue worked out, you can save your upgrade for the 5. You don't have to use it right away.

5. DroidRules macrumors 65816

1. Don't spill things on your very expensive electronic devices.
    2. Learn how to make decisions on your own, especially when they cost as much as an iPhone.

No one can tell you how/help you spend your money but yourself.