Need Help with an Issue Regarding Syncing Photos to iPhone from Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VideoNewbie, Dec 10, 2011.

1. VideoNewbie macrumors 6502

i would like to sync photos from my mac to my iphone so what i did was i imported the photos from my camera to my iphoto under a subfolder titled "europe"

i then went to itunes to sync photos from the "europe" subfolder to my iphone. when i went to look at the photos on my iphone i noticed the camera roll folder (Which is always there) as well as two additional folders "photo library" with the sunflower icon and "europe" both the photo library and the europe folder have the exact same pictures.

why does it create two exactly identical photo albums? when i clicked on edit to try and delete one of the albums it wouldnt let me.

pls help. all i want is ONE single folder with my "europe" folder pics. i dont need one "europe" folder and one "photo library" folder with the exact same pics.

thanks

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

That's the way it is. The library shows everything in your photos, while the album is specific.

3. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

what? the library shows everything in your photos?
    you mean everything in iphoto?

but it doesnt. it only shows the folder i selected.

i also have two new questions...

1.)...how do i delete individual photos in the subfolders? there is no trash icon in photos that i did not take with my iphone

2.) iphoto has a reference of all recently imported photos. i deleted the photos from my iphoto but yet these photos still show up under recently imported. how do i clear this list???

4. VideoNewbie thread starter macrumors 6502

bump?

5. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

First:
    - Camera Roll is what you take
    - Photo Library is EVERY sync'd folder on your phone. Since you only have one right now it appears like a duplicate, but it's not.
    - Below that you see each individual folder.

It appears as duplicates because you only have one folder sync'd, but if you were to sync another folder (let's say F2) then you'd see Europe/F2 both in Library, but below that you'd also have access to each one separate from each other. Make sense?

---
    You can't delete sync'd pictures from your phone. You have to edit the album in your iPhoto library, and re-sync so it adjusts what's on your phone.

--- As for iPhoto recent I have no idea. I don't use iPhoto anymore so I removed it from my Macbook.