Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mafopinion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Previously had my TV connected to my dlink wireless network using the WPS button. I needed to replace my malfunctioning router, and changed brands to an Apple Airport Extreme. This router does not have a WPS button. I am using the same SSID and WPA-2 (home) password for my old network and the new network. My WPA password has 64 characters. All of my other devices (computers, phones, ipads, roku box, XBox, Wii, etc) accept this password when entered. I am trying to connect my TV to this network, but the TV keeps telling me that it cannot connect to the network. It says the password is wrong, and tells me to enter the correct password using 8-63 characters. I have entered the password several times to insure that it is being entered correctly. My password is 64 characters as I previously stated. Any idea how I can overcome this obstacle? I do not want to change my password, as that would require setting up 14 other devices that already work on the network.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
The recent AirPort Extremes allows you to configure a guest network, set it up for your TV with another type of encryption that will work with the TV.

Or get a better TV.:D

mafopinion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
The recent AirPort Extremes allows you to configure a guest network, set it up for your TV with another type of encryption that will work with the TV.

Or get a better TV.:D

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the Guest Network tip -- will give it a try. TV is less than 6 months old, and worked with a six year old dlink router running non-updated firmware, so I would have thought the Extreme set up would have been easy. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.