Need help with my AMD laptop Regarding games

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by alanwaston, Dec 16, 2016.

1. alanwaston, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017

alanwaston Suspended

I have a AMD A8 with 4gb of Ram not very powerful but okay to play most games, So my Problem is when i play games like dmc devil maycry, hitmanAbsolution (which are amd optimized has a "AMD EVOLVED" logo when game starts) my laptop doesnt heat or lag much but when i play games with NVIDA logo or any other games my laptop heats like hell .

Is there a solution for this? I mean HitmanAbsolution is 20gb game doesnt heat but Civilization VI is just 4gb it heats when i play.

So can anyone tell the List of games that has "AMD EVOLVED" logo so that i can only download and play those, btw i tried googling it but didnt find or i dono how find.

Thanks ,Sorry for my bad english:)
    Relax: message tones, let me love you ringtones, i don't wanna live forever ringtone

2. Paulk macrumors 6502

Paulk

It might help if you specified more. I have no idea what an AMD A8 is (or AMD Evolved), though I am not very computerate, unfortunately.

3. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

It wouldn't really make a difference whether the game 'recommends' AMD or NVIDIA on the splash screen; it's just a coincidence that poorer performance coincides with NVIDIA ones. Civ 6 can get more graphics intensive than a lot of games due to the amount of information it needs to render as the game progresses. Also it's a brand-new game optimised for modern graphics cards, whilst Hitman is 4 years old.

Best thing to do is download the latest GPU driver for your machine. Run the auto detect tool: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Also which OS are you running? If you're on Windows 10, there are a lot of optimisations we can run to get the system working better. But still some stuff we can try on Win 7/8.1.

Speak soon.