Need help with my i6 battery.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Leejaymes, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Leejaymes macrumors member

Hey guys,

I have been using my 16GB iPhone 6 for almost 2 weeks now and I'm facing extremely terrible battery life.
    Tried all the battery saving tips alr, such as turning off background app refresh, set up as new, etc.

Can anybody help?

[​IMG]

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

Playing games usually drains the battery. Have you let your phone die and then charged it up to 100%?

3. Leejaymes thread starter macrumors member

Yeap, I did! This is in fact my 2nd week with the phone alr!
    I expected a drain, but not 22% in an hour. And throughout that hour, it wasn't all on gaming. It was maybe 30mins gaming and the other 30mins surfing the web/using whatsapp.

My battery offers me about 5 hours of usage at best.

4. Coupz macrumors regular

Try a hard reset. So push and hold sleep and home button until you see the apple logo again.

5. Atomic Walrus, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

It's the game. Many games use way, waaaaaay (aaaaaaay) more CPU and GPU power than normal operation. You'd see this same thing with a modern power-efficient laptop like the Haswell MBA which can get 12 hours of normal operation, but may only last ~70 minutes playing Minecraft.

While battery life estimates continue to increase there have been no advances in battery tech in a long time. This means that those battery life improvements are coming from optimization. When you use software that actually pushes the CPU/GPU constantly you run into the same limitation as in the past, which is that the battery contains relatively little energy.

Also don't let people convince you to put excess strain on your battery in the name of "calibration." Apple no longer recommends anything like that, and deep discharge isn't particularly good for batteries.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

30 mins of gaming will be close to 15-20% of your 30 mins of surfing is 5-7%

so its not far off normal

7. Leejaymes thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys for the responses! They're much appreciated. Will try going a day without the game and see how it goes.

----------

Hmm, how do you recommend we charge the batteries then?

8. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

It's clash of clans that's killing your battery

9. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

Yeah, it's pretty normal... (bad nevertheless)