Need help with preorder issue w/ at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theinspirond, Sep 24, 2012.

1. theinspirond macrumors member

Hello all, so here's my story:

Went in on Friday (9/14) Preorder day and was the first person in my AT&T store. I preordered the phone and was told I would be a part of the 1st wave and will be getting it on launch day.... Sure enough, launch day came, I went in-store, wasn't there, they weren't sure when they would be getting it. Gave me some sort of excuse of a delay on the part of one of apple's manufacturers :confused:? Yo no sey, didn't care -- just wanted the phone. Said maybe I'd get it soon... So now it's Monday no word.. I called up AT&T, there's no record of my preorder reflected upon my account, no mention that I've just extended my contract for 2 more years. So this is a bit confusing to both the AT&T rep and myself... to be kind she credited me $25, which was nice, but not really helpful in my quest of obtaining
    :( the iPhone 5, asap.

SO, what's my next step? What can I possibly do? I've called every AT&T/Verizon store and none have any left (obviously) and most are expecting another batch in a month......:mad:

2. theinspirond thread starter macrumors member

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

If there's no order in the system, I would recommend going to the Apple store near you and see what supplies are like.

If not Apple, then AT&T, then Best Buy, then Walmart, then Radio Shack. You could try calling, but I'm sure these stores are tired of answering the iPhone 5 stock status question.

Just be glad there is no order. Last year, AT&T locked people into pre-orders (myself included) and wouldn't let them cancel even though the orders weren't even showing as processed. Finally cancelled and bought in the Apple Store.

Apple.com pre-orders or Launch Day waiting in line seem to be the best options in my experience. YMMV