Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burger011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
imac 10.28 512ram
moved and just switched from verizon dsl to sbc dsl. hotmail, wells fargo bank, software update don't work. having major issues. pages won't load. any advice on how to fix this? thanks for the info. burger

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
are you using the sbc software? are you connecting through an airport? did you uninstall the verizon software? can you please post you setup and what error message you are getting. it hard to offer help when you problem is vague.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
burger011 said:
imac 10.28 512ram
moved and just switched from verizon dsl to sbc dsl. hotmail, wells fargo bank, software update don't work. having major issues. pages won't load. any advice on how to fix this? thanks for the info. burger
are you sure its not your browser? or considering the spate of problems I have been having with SBC Yahoo DSL, maybe it is your ISP. Give them a call, maybe something's wrong with the way you set it up. Everything you mentioned works for me.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
phonemonkey said:
dont call the isp, just let me know how youre set up and i can help
meh it can be the service, not necessarily the way things are set up on the user's end. Better to call the ISP and ask if anything's being upgraded or something like that.
Admittedly, SBC's Mac support isnt that great...ahh oh well.

Apple //e

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2003
burger011 said:
imac 10.28 512ram

im going to bet its a dns problem. try manually specifying an alternate dns server

kellyt

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2004
Sonic.net SBC DSL iMac

My DSL worked fine at first but gradually over a couple of weeks got intermittent, then finally died. Sonic.net says the DSL is ok, and the whole thing works on my wife's older iMac, but not on mine. Cables, power, all ok. Help??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.