Need help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cobber3, Apr 18, 2012.

1. cobber3 macrumors newbie

Hello there. I am hoping you people can help me with my broken iphone. recently I dropped it into my drink and everything seems to work fine except for the earpiece. I was wondering if there is anyway I could potentially fix this, or if I have to completely take the phone apart. With this being said, would it be an easy process for myself to take it apart, or would you recommend sending it in and where is a good place to send it in? Thank you

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

You dropped it a liquid... and you're still using it?!? That's your problem right there.

Turn it off, put it in a bag of (dry) rice for a few days, and come back on Saturday for the next step. That's the ONLY thing you should be doing right now.

While short circuits will fry it quick, that's not your biggest worry. Corrosion doesn't happen instantly... and any liquid remaining inside your unit will wreck havoc in no time if allowed.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Depending on how long it had been dry for all the 'damage' may have already been done. If that's the case then you will need to buy the correct part and take the phone apart.

If you only dropped it in liquid today then stop using and dry it ASAP. Do not use!

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

[​IMG]

Some things are never the same after you put them in water....

5. cobber3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already put it in a bag of liquid. This happened about a week ago and everything works except for the earpiece. How difficult would it be to fix the earpiece, and does someone know what tools I need exactly, and where I could get them? thank you

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

:eek:

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Well, there's your problem. Stop doing that!

8. cobber3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Meant to say bag of rice. My apologies

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

10. vigosstian macrumors newbie

Mac Centers and Apple Retail Stores provide services that include iPhone repairs and iPhone 4 screen replacements, to name a few. In the United States, these will cost around $199 give or take.

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

It may just be the earpiece at issue right now but as said earlier you will probably have other issues down the line due to oxidation of the internal board due to the liquid.

Sometimes it's just time to let it go to Apple Heaven, and move on !