Need info asap

Argonic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Hi everyone, I need this info asap because i'm going to order new stuff tonight: Are there still battery problems with the macbook? I called apple but they really didn't convince me the way they answer me. Is there already a new revision since they came out? Thanx for the fast reply:)

greetz

Argonic

Argonic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
yellow said:
Battery problems? You mean the recent recall? Or the swelling thing?
Both. I suppose they don't put those bad batteries in the new one's but I have to be sure and I don't want to end up with my music studio burned up. By the way, i'm going full apple instead of pc, so my second mac must be ok (G5 dual 2.0 was my first one; problems with motherboard, procesors and graphic card, they replaced everything, 3 months later same problems, I had to sell it!)

Future: Apple logic pro soon

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
If they are recalling stuff they are definitely not going to put more out just to recall them. That would be stupid. Buy whatever it is you are after.

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
The battery recall is for iBooks and PowerBooks, as for the swelling issue I've not heard anything relating to it and the MacBook, only the MacBook Pro.

Argonic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
stuartluff said:
The battery recall is for iBooks and PowerBooks, as for the swelling issue I've not heard anything relating to it and the MacBook, only the MacBook Pro.
Ok, i'm a new mac owner tommorow then;)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Hrm...

On another note, since you're doing this for a music studio (professional?).. you're not going with the pro Mac? Are you worried that you're going underpowered and will end up being hampered by such?

Argonic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
yellow said:
Hrm...

On another note, since you're doing this for a music studio (professional?).. you're not going with the pro Mac? Are you worried that you're going underpowered and will end up being hampered by such?
Hrm...

Bounces
Freezes

Main thing for this moment: rane Serato, Ableton Live = macbook fast enough
later: more money = mac pro