Need Instant Messaging app with MSN that allows you to sign in invisibly.

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SirDarren, Sep 10, 2009.

1. SirDarren macrumors member

Anybody have any ideas?

Tried loads of apps that offer it on normal phones - just none allow it on the iPhone.

Tried eBuddy, Nimbuzz, Fring, Fuze, and a couple more to no avail.

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

2. SirDarren thread starter macrumors member

Ouch, seems a little steep.

Should have specified I won't have access to a payment method for about a week, so it has to be a free app. :/

3. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

4. intrepid00 macrumors 6502

Very much worth it though.

5. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

6. SirDarren thread starter macrumors member

No ability to sign in invisibly though. :(

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

8. SirDarren thread starter macrumors member

IM+ Lite seems the best so far, only problem being the occasional bit of advertising they add to your messages. [>> Sent with IM+ Lite < link >]

So I'm still taking suggestions! :)

Thanks to all who advised already.

9. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Palringo might allow it not 100% sure though.

10. IronLogik macrumors 6502

You're going to need to pay for something good man. Just break down and buy something. Sounds like Trillian for iPhone is supposed to be out soon. I'd deal with IM+ for now as a free app, then wait for reviews of Trillian to come out and purchase either Beejive or Trillian based on whichever works best for you. Be warned though, the community surrounding Beejive is full of elitist pricks. I'll likely be ditching Beejive for this reason alone once Trillian is out.

11. SirDarren thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that. I'd have no problem buying something I'd use, it's just I won't have an iTunes payment method for about a week.

I just tried Palringo and it turns out it does just what I need!

Has some minor issues [no landscape keyboard, etc.] but it gets the job done effectively!

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Also, I still feel Nimbuzz is a great messenger because of the supported networks - if they were to get the "Appear Offline" sorted out they'd be my no. 1. :D

12. Chris Welch macrumors 6502

What in the hell are you talking about? It's an instant messaging client. I don't know of a "community" for it. Perhaps you're confusing community with customer satisfaction, as people who have bought BeeJive, myself included, are extremely happy with it.

13. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Ever attempted to put forth a feature request on their forums? Ever been to their forums? It's overrun with pricks who think they know everything and requesting a feature is bad. It's not that the application isn't good, it's pretty decent. But the people who are active on their forum where people voice their opinions on the application are simply *******s most of the time. The developers refuse to actually say anything so they just drive off users who want help or to put forth an idea. That's why I won't continue using the application once Trillian comes along.

14. SirDarren thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to dig this up again guys - turns out Palringo doesn't actually do it correctly like I thought.

Opening the
    floor to suggestions again. :)

15. taimur macrumors member

I was looking for the same feature, have you tried ebuddy? not sure if that will do it, as i don't remember. I had to take the plunge for Beejive for something reliable.

16. SirDarren thread starter macrumors member

Yeah eBuddy has Appear Offline - But you can't sign in like that, you have to sign in as Online. Kind of defeating the purpose really.

And I should have my payment method in the next couple of days anyway, so I guess I'll be getting BeeJive. :)