Need Instructions to Downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2 on a Mac with iTunes 7.5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Benjamindaines, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Hello, I apologize because I know this has been asked before, but none of the answers seemed to fit what I need. I have a US iPhone that was upgraded to 1.1.2 and I would like to downgrade to 1.1.1 for jailbreaking purposes. I know what to do once I am down to 1.1.1, but I don't know how to get to 1.1.1 with iTunes 7.5. I have the restore image, but I have no access to the 7.4 framework that is needed to kick it out of recovery mode once down to 1.1.1. So if anyone could give me some step-by-step instructions, it would be greatly appreciated.

--Thanks!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

What do you mean by you have no access to the framework for 7.4? Can you just download it?

If not, some people have gotten 7.5 to work with the new iNdependence beta I thought.

3. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

From my post on another thread.

Out of all the guides I've checked out, this site is the BEST and simplest way. You need to read ahead, get comfortable and do each step word for word and you'll have no problems. The guide is quite easy to follow. If you're good at reading and following instructions then you have no problems.

http://www.winandmac.com/iphone-guide-page/

I've unlocked and jailbroken my 1.1.1. iPhone when I first got it a few months ago. Then I recently upgraded to 1.1.2, unlocked and jailbroken following their guide. Extremely happy with the iPhone!!! I've got more 3rd party "working" apps on this phone than any of my previously owned phones (Nokia, SE, Blackberry) which were CRAP!!! Web browsing on this thing has been the best mobile web browsing experience EVER! Every other phone pales in comparison.

4. winingteam macrumors newbie

5. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Only works with iTunes 7.4, not any help
    I downloaded it but iNdependence didn't kick it out (beta and 1.2.5)

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660