Need iPhone 4 battery help ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coletteW, Sep 18, 2012.

1. coletteW macrumors newbie

So last night my phone decides it doesn't want to take a charge. The battery shows the fully charged plug icon but the battery is down to 8%. I've switched between every type of charger I have, and switched out USB cables and they all give the same result. I've tried restores and hard restarts holding down the home and sleep/wake buttons, nothing changes the outcome. Any tips or tricks, or is my battery officially fried?! =(

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Make a Genius appointment and take it to an Apple Store, sounds like the battery is dead.

3. bossxii macrumors 68000

If they don't help you at the Apple store look up etechparts.com they sell those batteries at a reasonable price.

4. coletteW thread starter macrumors newbie

i was going to make a trip to an Apple store but i didn't want to take the long trip there when i know they're gonna tell me it's the battery and it needs to be replaced. and since my original post, the battery has completely died and now won't power on at all even when it's plugged into a power source.

i went to etechparts.com and the batteries and parts are great prices so im definitely going to remember this site in the future. my only problem is i've already pre-ordered my iphone 5 and, if i were to buy a new battery online, by the time it got to me it won't have been worth it because the new phone should already be here. they should seriously think about selling components, like batteries, individually in Apple stores...