Need large, high quality versions of iPhone home screen icons for halloween costume

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexhutnik, Oct 21, 2008.

1. alexhutnik macrumors newbie

I am going as an iPhone for Halloween and I am looking for LARGE versions of the popular icons on an iPhone (all the standard ones that come with the phone--Text, Calendar, Youtube, Phone, iPod, etc). I want to be able to print them at 2 in. x 2 in. or even larger without distortion. Might there be some SVG versions on my Mac somewhere hidden away?

I promise pics and everything if I can pull off this costume!!!

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to ask in! Please help me get to the right one if you can :)

I'm also trying to figure out how to craft a large copy of the txt message screen. The chat bubbles would have to be roughly 10 inches wide.

2. Doju macrumors 68000

I believe it goes in the "iPhone Costume Requests" forum or the "****ed in the Head? Come here!" forum.

I kid, good luck with the costume.

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

4. Marvin1379 macrumors 6502

have u tried a screenshot from the phone and then blowing it up on the comp? Not sure the resolution will hold. Perhaps a photo of a display at apple store with a 5+ megapixel camera, then blow it up. Or just take a hi res pic of the phone icons. 3 years ago we went as iPods and I took pics of the screen. It took a few tries to get lighting and angle correct but it came out great. Can't wait to see pics!
    Good luck!

5. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I think you might have more luck with painting on the icons, or fashioning them out of colored paper for instance. I dont think you'd be able to find that large of a printable icon that wouldnt be highly distorted.

6. geekmommy4 macrumors 6502

geekmommy4

7. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

+1

Cut them out of some colored construction paper or colored felt material. Anything printed out is just going to look tacky.

8. alexhutnik thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought all the replies to this thread were going to get sent to my e-mail, not just the first one. I don't want you guys to think I'm some deadbeat poster who rudely abandons threads that he starts.

Anyway, you guys have given me a bunch of great leads. I'll work on getting the costume ready. If I pull it off, I'll post pics in the appropriate places and cross-link them here.

Cheers :)