Need List of Games that came preinstalled with Imac G5

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Nostalgic Student, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Nostalgic Student macrumors newbie

Nostalgic Student

I remember playing games such as marble blast gold, otto matic, and nanosaur on our family's imac in the past. However there was a aerial/airplane style arcade shooter that I just can not remember. It came preinstalled with the computer, if anyone knows please let me know! I am really nostalgic, and wish to play the game again. Any help is appreciated!

2. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

The only games that I can discover that shipped pre-installed on an iMac G5 was Nanosaur, and MarbleBlast Gold.
    Otto Matic was an older game, but I think it had already been dropped from a normal factory load, after Apple moved away from OS 9. I suspect that you may have moved it from an older Mac. IIRC, Otto Matic stopped working when Leopard removed support for the Classic (OS 9) environment. I could be wrong on that.
    It's very possible that the store where your parents purchased the iMac may have installed some extra apps and games.
    I know the store where I worked in late '90s and 2000s did that quite often, if someone asked for free stuff.

3. windytempest macrumors newbie

windytempest

The plane game you're looking for is called Deimos Rising I believe, I played that game a ton when I was younger. Now it's my turn to ask a question, does anyone remember that block break-esque game with players situated in the four corners?