Need name of Apple rep/UPS delivery major problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Teem45, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Teem45 macrumors member

I ordered two phones through the app store on launch night. Our UPS hub decided to put them out on two separate trucks. One is here, the other appears to be lost in the system. I subscribe to UPS My Choice, which is a service that notifies you of delivery changes, etc. I just got an email that the other phone is to be delivered Monday, though its tracking says it is out for delivery. The UPS people are impossible, let's just say. My husband has been around and around with them for over an hour, and stupid doesn't begin to describe the situation and explanation.

I tried calling Apple, and their phones say they're too busy and cut you off. Does anyone have the extension or email of a senior Apple rep to report this to? Our stuff is normally delivered by FedEx, and we've never had a problem. I want to make sure Apple knows what UPS is pulling and how I feel about it. Thanks for any help.

2. 184550 Guest

So rather than waiting to see if the phone is delivered, you'd like to preemptively complain?

3. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

It sounds to me like you may still get your second phone today. Is it stupid that they separated the deliveries? Absolutely. But I think they're trying their best to deliver a million iPhones to all corners of the country in one single day.

4. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You want Apple to know what UPS is pulling? Ugh...

Look, something got mixed up, and you've been told it'll get to you soon. Go enjoy your weekend, go to the movies, play with your kids or something.

You're acting as if you were deliberately deceived or UPS is gaining something from this turn of events. Tinfoil hat much? :rolleyes:

5. BuckDot macrumors member

6. itjw macrumors 65816

Call the National Guard! Maybe they can set up roadblocks to divert traffic and UPS can arrive sooner!

Heaven help us if there are nicks on the bezel too when it finally arrives. The universe may collapse on itself...

I completely understand being disappointed, but come ON people!

7. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Do we really want senior Apple Reps worrying about every single iPhone delivery that doesn't go 100% smooth? I would hope they have better things to concern themselves with.

8. davefromca macrumors 6502

LMAO love the use of the word preemptive.

9. Teem45 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I have to laugh at all of the less than helpful responses. I'm in my mid-40s, and whether the phone reached me or not really didn't matter to me. The one I'd ordered for my teen son did matter (though admittedly a first-world problem), and I didn't stay up until the crack of dawn last week to order only to get the run-around from UPS on delivery day. This is not a forum for personal problems, but if you knew what I was dealing with on a personal level in the 24 hours prior, not iPhone-related, maybe my slight overreaction would have made sense. I also had a cast on my right arm yesterday and was typing with one finger, and the whole story didn't come across, I guess, because it took what seemed like forever to type what I did.

We DID get the run-around from UPS. I mean, ridiculous, ignorant, heads-up-their-rears response. They could not even pin down if it was on a truck or where it was. I personally despise UPS. I simply want the opportunity to tell Apple what I think about the reliability of the two services in my area. They don't need to give me free shipping or free anything, just let me tell them how crappy UPS is in my area. My final frustration came in when I got the "we're too busy" automated response at Apple yesterday and then the phone cut off. I was hoping they could get through to UPS where I could not. I love Apple, and am a stockholder, and I just want them to know how UPS treats their customers. They probably already know, but it makes ME feel better to report it.

I actually assumed FedEx was delivering. In fact, I talked to my FedEx guy Tuesday and asked him if he was working Friday, and he said, "You getting a 5?" He's the best delivery driver anyone could ask for. He already knew how many deliveries they expected at their hub (1800), so UPS should have known the same and staffed accordingly. When I got my tracking info, I realized UPS was delivering. With their history on our route, I felt worse instantly, and they did not disappoint. Yes, the phone got here, seven hours late. But the UPS rep didn't even know about their own service, UPS My Choice, which sent me an email saying there was a delay and it would be delivered on Monday. What was I supposed to think? We already had to plan for someone to be home in the morning, and this stretched it to all day and then looked like Monday, too.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of ridiculous requests on this board, but this one was from a truly concerned, level-headed person. I have always been helpful to others here--look at my history if you don't believe me--and by and large people have always been extremely helpful to me. Granted, a lot of that is in the Mac forums, and maybe this one is different. I won't bother posting this kind of stuff again.

10. mainomega macrumors 6502

11. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

Send out search teams, helicopters, go go go..

12. rick98761, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

rick98761 macrumors 6502

You act like its easy to go from normal business to an insane day like this then right back to normal. where do you expect them to get all this extra help for one single day? It's not like they can pull people off the stree and give them a key to a truck. I would say they handled this release pretty damn smooth. In fact I'm amazed we haven't seen more ups complaints on here.