need of much help on the processes of the upcomeing ipod touch 2g jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ampmaster08, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ampmaster08 macrumors newbie

i need people to help explane step by step the procesess of upcomeing 2g jailbreaking process. i have watched videos and read many many forums.
    i have a 2Gen ipod touch at hand
    i will be sooooooooo greatfull for help
    im up for any ideas
    im on a macbook so no windows tools

major points
    cydia how to obtain it/use it
    how obtain other cool apps outside the app stores
    emulators preferably gba/gbc
    how to obtain the jailbraking tools and step by step info on how to the process
    redsn0w and all that i guess!!???

thanks to anyone that will contrube to me and anyone else that needes help that wants to access this thread

also
    PLEASE EXCUSE SPELLING!!! :D

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

no one can give a step by step guide as the jailbreak doesn't excist properly yet, what I mean is they have the jailbreak but not a jailbreak that is ready for public use.

When you jailbreak the iPod (if it is like the 1st gen iPod) cydia will appear automatically, you can get all the cool apps via cydia like gameboy emulator and roms (not allowed to give links out to stuff like this on here)

3. ampmaster08 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks and an update

hey thanks dude
    i just heard that its not out to the public like right before i checked this
    i also heard that redsn0w is comeing this sunday does anyone know if that is true or a fake statement
    so when that comes out if a step by step installation can be explaned that would be more then wounderfull

4. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Redsn0w has no release date. If we get lucky and the dev team finds their second exploit tomorrow, it'll be half a week to a week. Worst case scenario, a month to a month and a half from now they'll give up, and release a "tethered" jailbreak.

Sorry. :eek::D