Need opinions on carrier desicions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stayblunted, Oct 3, 2012.

1. stayblunted macrumors member

so i'm torn between activating a new line with Sprint ($80 monthly) and getting the iPhone5 for LTE coverage (i'm in NYC) or simply going no contract paying full price upfront and unlocking so I can stay on my mother's tmobile plan (currently pay $60 monthly) and waiting out for the 4g rollout supposedly coming later this year. the catch is that i'm 18 years old and I've been told it's a good idea to start up my own phone bill that way I can build my own credit. every other carrier is out of reach, unless their cheaper and similar better then tmobile.

2. diamondschwin macrumors member

I think both options are a bit too much for you if you are trying to take this on at 18....

the best deal you can get in your situation is a sim card from simple mobile (50 dollars, t mobiles network) and a Galaxy Nexus unlocked from google (only 350 and will work on t mobiles current 4G network)

the galaxy nexus is a really nice deal. especially with simple mobile sim.

3. stayblunted thread starter macrumors member

4. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I don't really think a phone bill builds up your credit anything significant. I wouldn't worry about that. That's what a credit card, car loans, etc. are for.

5. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The way to have good credit is to own a couple of credit cards but not too many and start a history, and NEVER abuse them with big balances.

Even with the tight credit as they all say, I'd bet high-interests CC still available. As long as ur not dumb to leave a balance at the end of each month, u don't pay any interest and helps toward your history.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Some on. Bumps are rude and often not tolerated on message boards.

As to your question - get an iphone 4 or maybe 4s. Way less expensive.