Need picutres of mac 10.3.5 install disk. Scammed on ebay. need info

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coffey7, Aug 23, 2007.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I ordered some retail install disks from a guy on ebay and when both sets of them came in the mail they looked nothing like any other apple install disk I have ever seen. The gray was very dull looking and the label was off center. The same guy has over 100 install disks that are the same(10.3.5). How could one guy have that many disks? If you flip them over they don't have the same markings like every other apple disk I own. If you have a picture of a retail install disk for panther I would love to see them. Front and back would be a great help so I can get my money back with pay pal.

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Most definitely pirated.

Here's what a 10.3 disk should look like:

[​IMG]

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You didn't think about this before making a bid? You can make a claim with eBay, but purchasing pirated goods is a crime too so be cautious.

4. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

At first he only had 1 or 2 ads but after I bought them he soon had more. I only bought 2 things ever from ebay.

5. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

thanks for the photo. The back of the disk doesn't list any info list the company that made them or the country that it was made in. The disk I received doesn't have an X.

6. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

The guy from ebay said he will refund my money for the fake disks. He said he was selling the hundreds of them to raise money for kids. He helped a computer lab with a donation and they had hundreds of the disks sitting around so he was selling them on ebay. Why would a small school have hundreds of disks? they would most likely only have 1 disk image that they could use over and over again.

7. thegrifman macrumors regular

Assuming he's telling the truth (which I doubt) they may have hundreds of Macs so one install disk per. But it sounds like he's just trying to blow smoke to keep you from reporting him to eBay.

8. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict