Need replacement keys for my Macbook Pro 13" Late 2010 but different type of hinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nizmoz, Dec 27, 2010.

1. nizmoz macrumors 65816

2. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I dunno. I just had my volume up key randomly pop itself up (I seriously don't know what happened. I opened my macbook and it was halfway popped up, then it came out, and then it wouldn't go back in. And honestly, pretty recently the eject key did the same thing but it went back in).

I wonder if this is going to be a common problem with this computer?

3. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I certainly hope not..It seams that the keys are sort of vulnurable to being pried up though more so then the regular macbook it would seam. Anyways as much as I love the beauty of the MBP's keyboard Im getting a cover for it...no way am I trusting myself with liquids around a 1300 computer which is inevitable because you can't do hardcore computer nerd stuff without a good drink :). Anyways my keys seam fine, though this thing is probably only about 8 weeks from production. My caps lock key acts a bit funny though but I dont think its relevent.

4. nizmoz thread starter macrumors 65816

Welp, I went by the Apple store and was expecting to pay for repair, and they are taking care of me free of charge. That is what I call customer service!!! Loving Apple!