need serious help... macbook pro, ultraportable macbook pro, and a semester abroad

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by terrordemon, Jun 19, 2007.

1. terrordemon macrumors member

hey so i need some help. what do you guys think the likelihood of a small mbp coming out by JANUARY. they ordered lots of 13.3" LED screens, so i have to assume its coming sometime?

i'm going away to rome for a semester. i'll be back in december, and go back to school in january. by the end of january, i want to have a new laptop. right now i really want a new laptop but its more of a want than a need...

1. i can wait if needed, my laptop with memory upgrade will suffice, which is why i'm asking about future releases post-10.5
    2. what i really want is a small mbp. i'd be ecstatic with ANY mbp, but what i really want is a small one. i have a 17" dell beast right now and I cant stand it, portability is #2 on my list of priorities, right below #1, it being a mac :p

can you guys give me any suggestions? advice?

thanks

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Just wondering, where did you hear Apple ordered lots of LED 13.3 screens? I would expect that those would make their way into the MacBooks...

3. terrordemon thread starter macrumors member

i thought i saw it... but i just searched for it and i couldnt find it. and you're right they probably would go to the macbooks

sigh, only to add more confusion and trouble -_-

4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I'm really not even sure they will come out with one, don't hold your breath.

5. terrordemon thread starter macrumors member

6. wgkealey macrumors member

I did a semester abroad, and 2 out of 4 laptops of people I lived with broke. Not that that really had anything to do with it, although I think one may have fried because of the voltage difference. But I was going to buy a laptop before I left, and I'm extremely happy that I waited. That's just my experience. Also, I thought I wanted to wait for an ultraportable, but who knows when it will come, and from what people have been speculating, I think they'll be mad overpriced if/when they do come out.

7. terrordemon thread starter macrumors member

so you waited? why were you happy you did?

new question: what do you guys think the likelihood of a price drop or speed bump in the mbp's are before september?

8. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Nope. Too early for september.

You will be buying at the end of the cycle if you buy then though.

9. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

10. terrordemon thread starter macrumors member

thank you for that :D now i have hope. i'll wait

11. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t