Need some advice for buying a new router for me new macbook pro! Thanks!

comacaz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
So I know this question kind of floats around, but I need to get a router for my new macbook pro. It's the latest model and I was hoping to actually avoid the apple extreme or express, because the express doesn't fit my the range that I need and the extreme, is, a little pricey. If you know of any good solid routers out there that can support my macbook, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

alust2013

macrumors 601
Feb 6, 2010
On the fence
I think any router would support your computer. I'd go with a 802.11n capable one from linksys or netgear, etc. I would avoid D-link, as I have had some troubles with those (dropping signal, constant resetting)

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Yeah, pretty much any router works with a Mac, like with a PC. You don't have to go with Apple's option. At the moment, I think I have a Netgear router for my MacBook.

Pillar

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
CA.
i have a belkin n wireless router that's under a year old and it works with my mbp. the router gives me great range

Vantage Point

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2010
New Jersey
if you get cable from Comcast give them a call as they offer a free router - after you pay $9.99 for shipping. With a router from your cable company they will help diagnose a problem and replace or service it for free. If you have a problem and it turns out to be a router you purchase, then you would have to pay for a service call if Comcast comes out to diagnose the problem. My router is a free Netgear from Comcast and it works perfectly two rooms away from the source
https://www.comcast.com/wirelessrouter/default.cspx?403;https://www.comcast.com:80/wirelessrouter/