Need some advice regarding Iphone plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skygremlin, Jul 23, 2012.

1. skygremlin macrumors member

Can anybody give me some advice on direction here regarding my IPhone? My ex-company is returning my phone number to me, making me financially responsible for it. I would like 2 things.. 1. keep the phone number 2. The new Iphone.

• Current phone is a IPhone 3GS with AT&T
    • Wife has a family plan with T-Mobile.
    • I want to keep this number and need a phone for work.
    • New IPhone is "rumored" to be released in 2 month's - roughly.

So I was thinking of having AT&T release the number to me and unlock the phone -> go to T-Mobile and sign up under Wife's plan for a couple month's. Then when the new IPhone is released get that one, maybe on a Verizon contract… Or should I stick with AT&T with a month to month contract till the new phone is released?

Not sure which is the best strategery :).

thanx all

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Do you currently have unlimited data with at&t? That would be a big factor

3. skygremlin thread starter macrumors member

honestly I have no idea what the plan is. It was part of our corporate account. I doubt it was unlimited.

My understanding is this number was owned by the company and part of their corporate account,. They are releasing the phone number only to me as they have no need for it.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'd stay month to month for now until the new iPhone is out and then make a decision about switching, porting the number etc..

5. skygremlin thread starter macrumors member

yeah that's what I did. I was thought that would be the end result, but wanted to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

Thanx

blues