Need some fan boys to speak up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brounmoney, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Brounmoney macrumors 6502

Ok so I had the iPhone 3g and then got the 4. I had the 4 for I guess for about 7 or 8 months then got and HTC inspire cause I wanted to try out android. The one thing that I hated the most about ios was I was not able to make my iPhone home screen look much different than anyone else's. Yea I could have my own picture and put icons where they need to go, but for the most part nothing changed. Don't get me wrong I think ios is a really good os it just seemed to plain to me.
    So after the HTC I went the nexus s cause I wanted pure Google and I fell in love. I now have the galaxy nexus and really do love it. I can make the phone my own. Now I have come here because when the iPhone 5 was shown off I said to myself it is just a bigger iPhone nothing that new. I got to thing about all the things I loved about ios, and almost pulled the trigger on getting the iPhone 5. I decided against it, but in Nov. I can get an upgraded from att and maybe I will re think the iPhone.

I came here to hear why I should think ios again. Please all you iPhone and apple fans tell me what is so great about the iPhone 5. How does it bet my Gnex.?

2. MR1324 macrumors 6502

i don't think those reasons will matter. you switched over to android because you wanted to have a different home screen from everyone else. switching back to ios will be like going backwards. eventually, you will hate being like everyone else and look to android again for its customization.

3. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If your reason is solely to have a different homescreen than everybody else you could have done that with a jailbreak.

4. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I like iPhone and iOS with its seamless integration to OS X. Contacts, calendar, email, photos, music etc. It's all under one place! iCloud is amazing, and overall that's why I enjoy it.

5. pHeNom macrumors regular

do you really need other peoples opinion to make your own decisions?!

6. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Ya not being able to personalize the home screen is a drawback for ios. Thats because the ios has no widgets.

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I used to be like you and obsessed with customizing my device. I come from a background of making my own custom ROMs for Palm so adjusting was quite difficult. Jailbreaking helped for a while but I found it made my iPhone sluggish. I hear it's better, but once bitten twice shy. However, as continue on, perhaps due to age...perhaps due to other hobbies, or who knows, but I find myself less and less worried about customizing my device.

Anyway, I say if you can get past the customizing then come back. If not, perhaps jailbreaking is an option for you. Otherwise, perhaps Andriod is just a better fit for you.

8. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

Games!! & Fassssst is better for me than look

9. Brounmoney thread starter macrumors 6502

No I don't I just wanted some people's opinions. Why have you stayed with ios? There are things that I miss about ios like my Itunes music. I just wanted some iPhone fans thoughts

10. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

If having your own distinct home screen is that important, you can jailbreak ur iP5. Obviously, it might be a few months until a JB is released for the iP5. Of course we won't know this until the iP5 comes out, but I'm betting it will have better battery life. IMO, iOS app store is superior to Androids, at least in overall quality of apps and games. I can see the A6 being superior to the CPU in the Gnexus, at least in graphics. Better camera. Better screen? Thinner and lighter. Very minor but Bluetooth 4.0. I'm sure there are more I can mention, especially on the software side of things, but I think I made a decent size list. I'm not an apple fanboy but definitely an apple fan.

11. Brounmoney thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I mean I did like ios a lot. After jelly bean came out my Gnex is really did bring it right up there with ios is speed and being way more stable then before. I do miss all the stuff that comes out like and cases and music players that work with iPhones. They are the most popular and there is a reason.

12. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

For me, it's the fact that the iPhone is greater than the sum of its parts. Apps are beautiful, and better than Android (from the phones that I have used; about 5 or 6 different models). I feel like iOS is a better operating system from the ground up. The symbiotic relationship between mobile and desktop versions of many apps (Things, OmniFocus, Dropbox, et cetera) is very smooth. I love the look and feel of the OS, how the apps are beautifully designed, and how the apps stick to iOS standards due to Apple's Human Interface Guidelines.

For me, it's about the entire experience; it's just better. Not only that, but the feel of the phone is amazing. I'm sure the iPhone 5 will feel even better. I recently switched from a 2008 MBP to the new MBPr. Even though the difference in weight and thickness is just a few percentiles, the difference is huge. I suspect the same will be hold true for switching from a 4/4S to the 5, but that's just my hunch since I haven't held an iPhone 5 yet.

Either way, determine what you most want out of a phone. I suggest that you don't jailbreak, as my iPhone 4 slowed down a bit from the Redsnow jailbreak method. Good luck in your decision.