Need Some info before I buy I-tunes Cards in the US

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by SoundMan, Apr 30, 2010.

1. SoundMan macrumors member

Hi

Later today I'm going to Syracuse Ny to buy my Ipad 3G

I Also plan to buy about $100-150 worth of I-tunes cards for the I-tunes stores

Do the US I-Tunes Cards work in the I-tunes store to buy Apps and Games or Do I need a Credit Card still.

Here In Ont CDN,I-tunes cards only buy music,movies etc,you can't buy apps without a credit card.

I already have a US Address but don't really want to put a Credit card to that account and want to use I-tunes Cards from the states instead.

Hope a few members can help me;)

2. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

1. You need US iTunes account to use with the US iTunes Gift Cards.

2. If you're creating a new US iTunes account, you will need a US credit card or PayPal. I don't know which version of iTunes removed the "none" selection when creating an account, but it's no longer there. I used PayPal as payment method and my PayPal is not US but I was able to register US iTunes account using US iTunes Gift Cards.

3. I suggest to use a sales tax free state to register your US address.

I hope this helps.

3. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

The "None" option IS still there. The trick is to first select a free application (or music) from the Store to "Buy" and download, and then create your new account following the prompt.

Attached Files:

4. imacdaddy macrumors 6502a

Thanks dZp. That's very useful. I thought it was removed in iTunes 9. :)

5. JaredStrauss macrumors member

6. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

Wow Thanks:)

I didn't get the Ipad Last night

Will go next week

So the US I-tunes Cards Buy Apps and everything else Right...:)

My Next question is how many accounts can one person have

I have family that can send me UK I-tunes cards but don't know if the Ipad can only be synced to one account like the Ipod's can.

What would happen to my movies from the UK store

Would I need three computers for this to work

1,CDN Account
    2,US Account
    3,UK Account

7. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

8. PhantomZone macrumors 6502

just use different eMail addresses and create different accounts!

Then you just login to each account when you want to browse the appropriate store or update your apps!

9. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

Yes but would not the first account I make be what the Ipad Is registered to

So if I try and sync apps from my UK store they would not work and would tell me to reformat the Ipad.

I just know with my Ipod Classic I can't have it synced to two computers with the same account

10. SoundMan thread starter macrumors member

up up up, need to know if the content from the UK store will sync with the US store and Vise versa

11. Nabby macrumors regular

Not sure about 2 country accounts...

But for 2 US accounts, you can download or sync the apps from the first account, then logoff of the iTunes account on the iPad, logon using the second account and download the apps from account 2 directly to the iPad. It won't transfer the purchases back to the iTunes account on the computer unless you authorize that computer.

Like I said, I don't know if it works the same for 2 different country accounts.

Nabby