Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fate0311

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
im beginning to think I do not have a justified reason to keep my iPad. Everything I do with it, I can do across the room on my MBP. Here is the rundown:

I am an enegineering student, 90% of the time that I am using the iPad Pro I’m at my desk using it and my MBP at the same time. The only time I find myself using it remotely is laying in bed or when I’m at my girls house I just grab it and run out the door as it is nice to have all my study material on it.

However, how hard would it really be to just grab my MBP on the way out the door instead?

As far as losing my pencil ability, which I do use, I could just go back to hand writing my notes and scanning them onto my MBP.

I guess I’m a little stuck, and I know it’s such a depended question to ask, and a loaded one. Any suggestions to figuring out if I’m actually benefiting from it?

fate0311

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 31, 2015
Lol return it for the CG jacket I’ve been eyeing and just focus on my MBP for school and work flow

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Sounds like you are benefitting from it. What is your issue, cost you paid?
I agree. Sounds like the OP is getting some good use out of it.

Sometimes we can get too hung up on the whole "try to get the iPad to replace a Macbook" that we miss out on using the iPad in scenarios that the iPad is best at. Digital notetaking is at the top of that list.

Reactions: flur

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Honestly, I think the best thing to do in a situation like this is to just try to live without it and see how it goes. Put the iPad in a drawer for two weeks and if you don’t miss it then sell it and move on with your life. If you can’t wait to get it back then you’ll know you need it. I’d try to give it a full two weeks though because it might take a week or so to get used to your new work flow and break the habit of reaching for the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.