Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Ok I really don't know what the risk of theft is here but would still like to do what I can to prevent it. Basically my dad is in the hospital and could potentially be there for a while and I figured that the iPad would come in very useful for him since the hospital has free wifi. It is my iPad 1 which I have not used in months anyway...I wiped it clean and set it up with a new iTunes account for my him and downloaded a few games and music apps I know he would like.

I am just worried because when he is sleeping he has nurses coming in and out of his room constantly as well as people to come in and clean. I don't know what the probability is that someone would take it but I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I could do to prevent it just in case. I am not at all worried about the iPad...like I said I have not used it in months. I just know my dad would get great use out of it while he is in the hospital but if anything happened to it, I know he would be completely devastated and I wouldn't want him to feel that way.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Wouldn't it be better to talk to the officials at the hospital than getting suggestions from here? You could get a lockable brief case and keep the iPad in the case when not in use, and maybe, chain the brief case to the bed?

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
I recently had to spend 4 days in the hospital due to tests. My iPad was a life saver against boredom. I brought my W520 ThinkPad and iPad but never used the laptop. I kept both locked in my luggage when I was not in the room which was only during tests.

Bring SALT! The food has no salt and they have none to give you!:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.