Need Someone good at Unlimited Data Loophole to help answer questions for me.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ukn0wn, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ukn0wn macrumors newbie

1. Does it still work?
    2. Do i need a new SIM for the phone 2g for this to work, or can i get a micro-sim adapter?
    3. Will i keep my unlimited Texting family plan?
    4. I will keep my number right?
    thanks, and please reply, because i may have more questions.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

1. No
    2. Get a completely new and inactivated sim from Att. If you use your current one it won't work
    3. Don't know
    4. Yes

3. ukn0wn thread starter macrumors newbie

so... it doesn't even work anymore???

4. ap3604, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

5. ukn0wn thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm

according to a post on xda-developers, someone just did it and it worked. can anyone confirm?

6. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Well then it works. Could always post there for confirmation.

8. nitemare macrumors regular

1.yes did it 2 weeks ago
    2.need a brand new unactivated sim (took me about an hour on phone with ATT CSR as well)
    3.yes
    4.yes

CSR has to get a manager on the line with him to manually override the system to input the IMEI of the og iPhone and input the orginal iPhone Plans that included that unlimited data and text msgs

9. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

I went about it a little different way. A few months ago, I used my daughter's non-smartphone and inserted her SIM into my original iPhone because she wanted to buy an iPhone 4. Activated it just fine with the original unlimited data plan. A little later plugged it into my iPhone 3G and everything transferred fine. Couple of days later she bought her iPhone 4 and when we plugged it in to active, everything transferred fine.

Two days ago, my wife left her non-smartphone in the rain and trashed it. Put her SIM into the original phone and it actived just fine with the original unlimited plan. Next day I plugged it into the 3G, as that was the phone she was going to end up using. Everything transferred and it transferred the unlimited data. There was a small problem with changing over to the 3G unlimited, but a 2 minute trip to my local AT&T corporate store got the CSR to manually enter the iPhone 3G serial number and everything transferred fine. It has unlimited data as well.

We have had Family unlimited texting for quite some time, so that never changed. Moral of the story, it still works!