Need suggestion to buy old MBP (2011) in Washington DC

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shamol, May 28, 2013.

1. shamol macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm travelling US in the middle of June and want to buy a 13' MBP. Due to lack of budget, I can't buy new one and want to buy used/ref. one.

Where can I choose and buy the old versions of 13' MBP, preferable is 2011? And how mach it might cost?

Thank you!

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I like Microcenter for buying "older" Macs. They tend to carry models older and less expensive than those offered in Apple's refurb store. You have to be careful, though. Last time I checked, Microcenter was still selling plastic Macbooks (which can't even run Mountain Lion). If you're in the DC area, there are 2 MC locations, one in Fairfax, VA and one in MD called "Beltway/Rockville".

Of course you could buy from an individual on CL or ebay but I don't recommend that because if they get wind you are only in the country for a short time, you risk getting cheated.

3. shamol thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you r0k for your suggestion! I viewed the website of Microcenter and they have only 2 used Macbooks selling in refurbished area. Is the number of items in stores bigger, or all that they can offer is listed on their website?

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I'm not sure. It seems whenever I go there, they have LOTS of older refurb Macs on hand in the store but having never checked their web site on the same day, I can't tell.

Here is a pic of what they show when I pick their Detroit store. There are quite a few refurbs available some of which are too old to consider...

Attached Files: