need tips, do you have albums of only one song?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by chombiekay, Feb 20, 2015.

1. chombiekay macrumors member

hi mates. question here.

i'm very OCD about my music and recently discovered landscape mode for the music app that shows a bunch of album icons.

i am curious, there are a lot of songs i download that i get alone, without the album, as i assume many people do as they want the "hit" from that album. now do you actually have just that one song in that album with album art?

for instance, if you have U2 with 5 different songs across 5 different albums, you'll have 5 album icons in the landscape mode or in album view. does this seem a little too much and cumbersome?

or do you FORCE all the songs to be in one single fake album and just call it U2?

i am really interested and open to what your thoughts are and what you guys have done for this.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

If I did not buy the music from iTunes I create fake albums entitled "greatest hits" and then just google image search the artist or band with 500X500 image size and use that as the album cover.

3. chombiekay thread starter macrumors member

that sounds pretty good and what i was leaning towards.

i do find it sad that the days i used to listen to an entire album front to back are over.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You think that's a problem? Try having 12 albums and trying to look for that one song you want to hear. :p No, I don't find it a problem, that's what the Shuffle feature is for.

5. chombiekay thread starter macrumors member

:eek:

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Yep and to recreate that experience you have to pick the hit song of 10 albums just to have 1 good album.

7. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I don't pay any attention to albums. I just pick a song and set shuffle all.

8. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I don't worry about albums. I stick things in playlists and don't worry about their album. And then I shuffle my playlists.

The only time I worry about an album is if I've purchased a new album and want to hear it. Other than that, it's nothing but shuffled playlists.

If the kids purchase a song, I just leave it alone. I don't try to shove it into another album. If I have a 1-off song, it goes into my Miscellaneous album.

9. Ulenspiegel macrumors 68020

Ulenspiegel

To answer OP's question: yes, I had one song in one album with album art.
    In some cases I had several songs from different albums by the same author put under an original "best of" album art.
    But that was in my "iPhone era", atm I don't have songs in my mobile.